SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old P228 and I’m looking at the Mec Gar 15-round magazines. I have seen some comments about them being GTG.

My question is: What specifically is different from factory 13-round magazines that allow the extra two rounds? Is the follower shorter, are the spring coils designed to compress within each other to get a shorter stack height, is the spring just shorter, etc?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Yes, shorter follower as 12131 verified, plus no indentations on the sides, as the earliest German made magazines had.

Automotive design Automotive exterior Gesture Bumper Grey

Edit... pulled a P228/P229 15 round apart, follower on right, original 13 round Sauer & Sohn on left.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have an old P228 and I’m looking at the Mec Gar 15-round magazines. I have seen some comments about them being GTG.

My question is: What specifically is different from factory 13-round magazines that allow the extra two rounds? Is the follower shorter, are the spring coils designed to compress within each other to get a shorter stack height, is the spring just shorter, etc?
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Welcome. That is an excellent first post. 👍

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Having used the mec-gars for years even in my duty gun, they are good to go. It’s nice they are less expensive than the mec-gar made factory sig logo stamped mags .

·
Registered
15,892 Posts

Welcome from Texas.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,237 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts