SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard if you swap out sig’s brace for an SBA3 using the folding adapter it will not lock in place when folded. I was planning on doing this to my 11.5 pistol. Can anyone using this setup confirm if it will lock when folded, and if not does it swing freely? Thanks

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I’m not sure, I looked at a used one with that setup once, but I think the thickness of the stock and buffer tube may prevent it from locking. I prefer the straight skeletonized brace thing for folding, have one on my Sig 556, because the lower profile. The SBA3 is great as an adjustable m4 style brace

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have the folding PCB brace on it now but I prefer the SBA3 and wanted to switch it over. Not locking closed when folded isn’t a deal breaker, I’d just prefer if it didn’t freely swing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out the gear head works tailhook mod 2. I was originally gonna buy the SBA 3 but went with that after I watched some youtube reviews of both braces. For my purposes I needed the slimmest brace possible while also eliminating the brace spin of the sig pcb. My concern was that my storage space only gave me 6.5 inches of height and I wanted to make sure the mcx pistol could fit even when folded. All the SBA 3 videos looked really clunky when folded and it had to be fully extended to get it as close to the firearm as possible when folded. The tailhook mod 2 looked slimmer in comparison and I'm happy I went with it. It fits folded in the storage with 2 inches to spare.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you find a brace you like! That PCB spin is no joke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts