SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a hell of a time sourcing another upper for my MCX Virtus. I've been on the waiting list for every store I can think of for a 9" upper kit. Some bigger retailers list the SKUs as discontinued.

Does anyone know if they are still producing these? I can't seem to reach their customer service either.

·
Registered
487 Posts
MCX Virtus uppers are pretty much unobtainable from any source except Gunbroker and at very high prices. It is possible that Sig is getting ready to release "version 3" based on the MCX Spear project for the NGSW. Now who wouldn't want a new MCX Spear upper with that side charging handle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've seen this also.

But I believe its because these are so rare that some suppliers have just given up getting anymore in stock in the near or distant future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Call Sig CS and see if they are available for backorder. I placed a backorder for a 16" 556 upper. Sig told me they have no ETA and expect a long wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It really depends on the store or retailer.

I've seen some show items like a stripped MCX Virtus upper receiver as discontinued, while others don't. The same for handguards, barrels, and other items. One retailer told me they decided to show certain Sig items as discontinued if they can't get any kind of short or long timeframe on when things will become available.

Just keep checking multiple places and you will eventually (hopefully) find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
413 Posts
MCX Virtus uppers are pretty much unobtainable from any source except Gunbroker and at very high prices. It is possible that Sig is getting ready to release "version 3" based on the MCX Spear project for the NGSW. Now who wouldn't want a new MCX Spear upper with that side charging handle?
You think the new uppers would fit the old MCX lowers? HA! They will do something to them so they won't fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts