SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

MCX Virtus dealing with a hot handguard

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jtallen83 
#1 ·
I took my Virtus Patrol to the range this weekend for the first time to zero. I did 5 round sets, then checking the hits; however, after the 30 rounds the handguard was getting pretty warm and by the end of the second magazine it was down right hot. Now I wasn't doing any sort of rapid fire, between 5 and 10 seconds between shots.

My question is, is there something other than say wear gloves that will keep my hand from not getting burnt?

#8 ·
I did this with Magpul's AFG and a vertical sander. I took the back edge off to make it fit more flush to the magwell. Adds another step to disassembly but gave me a very natural grip. Also switched the panels to UTG covers; the ones in this pic suck. Anyway, keeps the meat hooks off the hot parts.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.