SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Virtus Patrol to the range this weekend for the first time to zero. I did 5 round sets, then checking the hits; however, after the 30 rounds the handguard was getting pretty warm and by the end of the second magazine it was down right hot. Now I wasn't doing any sort of rapid fire, between 5 and 10 seconds between shots.

My question is, is there something other than say wear gloves that will keep my hand from not getting burnt?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could never get down with the VFG. Nightstrike Diamondback is money. Needs 2 MLOK fasteners to alleviate flex. AND the plastic is too brittle. Rattler slid from my lap to a wooden table, and a ~1" sliver of plastic, parallel to the hand guard and close to the MLOK - splintered off.

They replaced it promptly, no questions asked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did this with Magpul's AFG and a vertical sander. I took the back edge off to make it fit more flush to the magwell. Adds another step to disassembly but gave me a very natural grip. Also switched the panels to UTG covers; the ones in this pic suck. Anyway, keeps the meat hooks off the hot parts.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took my Virtus Patrol to the range this weekend for the first time to zero. I did 5 round sets, then checking the hits; however, after the 30 rounds the handguard was getting pretty warm and by the end of the second magazine it was down right hot. Now I wasn't doing any sort of rapid fire, between 5 and 10 seconds between shots.

My question is, is there something other than say wear gloves that will keep my hand from not getting burnt?
When I shoot a lot suppressed, I bring a bucket of water to dip and cool the barrel and can.

Is that kind of thing an option for you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts