SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used MCX the other day from a seller, and when I called Sig about getting the new BCG for the recall, they said my serial number was one of a few that also need a new hammer. They said I have to ship it back to them to get the work done. Anyone heard of this? I hope they give me a nice trigger on there too :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently bought a new MCX patrol in 300 BO. The rifle is post recall and came with the new BCG. I ended up sending it back to Sig because I could not get the flash hider off even after extensive efforts. In talking with customer service, I learned that Sig has their own match trigger available for less than 1/2 the cost of a Geissele SSA (which Geissele says they still don't have available for the MCX). Sig CS says their trigger is very comparable to the SSA. Customer service from Sig has been great.

Reason for the post is that if you have your rifle back with Sig and are interested in getting either the flash hider pulled or a trigger upgrade installed, it might be a good opportunity to combine repairs/upgrades.

I'm looking forward to getting my rifle back so I can install a suppressor and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
A: I was not aware of a hammer recall
B: I have not sent mine in for the new bcg
C: always up for a trigger upgrade, so I will be doing that when mine goes in.

Outside of coyote and varmit season I just don't shoot 5.56 rifles much

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good to know. I will hold off for awhile longer, see how people like the upgraded sig trigger. Pfft who am I kidding I will get it anyway if it's my only option.
Wait maybe I read this all wrong is the upgrade for a fee an actual upgrade to the stock trigger that is coming with the new bcg or is it a upgraded trigger because of the new bcg?

·
Registered
509 Posts
With that new bcg I think only "sig triggers" will work. No more mil spec without the safety thing a magoo
Nope. Depends on the height of the hammer as it has to disengage the firing pin lock lever. So far I've gotten my new "non-G" BCG to work with a milspec trigger, ALG ACT trigger, and the original Sig trigger. With the "G" lock lever installed, I got a Geissele SSA-E and S3G (current setup) trigger to work.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good to know. I will hold off for awhile longer, see how people like the upgraded sig trigger. Pfft who am I kidding I will get it anyway if it's my only option.
Wait maybe I read this all wrong is the upgrade for a fee an actual upgrade to the stock trigger that is coming with the new bcg or is it a upgraded trigger because of the new bcg?
Some have gotten a new trigger when shipping their rifles but many of us have not (especially if you just sent in the BCG). YMMV.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently bought a new MCX patrol in 300 BO. The rifle is post recall and came with the new BCG. I ended up sending it back to Sig because I could not get the flash hider off even after extensive efforts. In talking with customer service, I learned that Sig has their own match trigger available for less than 1/2 the cost of a Geissele SSA (which Geissele says they still don't have available for the MCX). Sig CS says their trigger is very comparable to the SSA. Customer service from Sig has been great.

Reason for the post is that if you have your rifle back with Sig and are interested in getting either the flash hider pulled or a trigger upgrade installed, it might be a good opportunity to combine repairs/upgrades.

I'm looking forward to getting my rifle back so I can install a suppressor and give it a try.
Exactly what I was thinking with the trigger. I thought about telling them to keep my $50 rebate check, and install the new match trigger while they have it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
The new match trigger from Sig was about $110 as a stand alone upgrade purchase. Sig customer service told me it would install easily with the modified BCG with no changes. They indicated if I wanted to go with Geissele SSA that I would need to install another piece (hammer block?) which they could provide.

When I talked with Geissele they indicated they were at least a couple months away from offering a MCX compatible SSA trigger and that they do not recommend using the current SSA trigger in a MCX. (I did not ask why)

I didn't get a rebate check for my MCX of course as it came with the new BCG but I do not know why Sig would not take it against their available match trigger cost.

I have been very happy with Sig customer service. Can't complain when they will pull my flash hider for me and was impressed when they provided 2 day air shipping label and requested I send the whole rifle in for them to check out to make sure I had not done anything in my attempts to remove flash hider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a bit of trouble removing the factory flash hider on my MCX. I applied some heat via a propane torch and it came right off. I replaced it with the Thunder Beast Arms CB Flash Hider. The rifle functions well with the Thunder Beast CB 9 can. Best, ELN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.