SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My old BCG ran with absolutely no problems. Sent rifle back to Sig for new BCG and Trigger, and I've put 300 rounds through it. Since then I've had 7-8 failure to eject. It's also damaging the casings. I'm using the same Magpul Gen 4 magazines that had absolutely no problems before. Has anyone else had or heard of anyone having the same problem? I'm going to run 200 more through it, and hope it works itself out. If not I'm going to call Sig. I didn't get any pictures today, but I will definitely will next trip to the range. I've even changed my cam pin to a POF Roller Cam Pin, and it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to the range today here's a couple pictures of the rounds that failure to eject. It didn't matter if it was 223 or 556 Federal ammunition.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Which gas setting are you using? Adverse(+) or normal(-) suppressed or unsupressed might help to know. Also bullet weight info may shed a little light.

My MCX is due back from SIG on Monday. It has the SSA installed, but it wasn't free. Oh well!

It will be getting new optics, an Aimpoint PRO and a Tango6 1-6x24 with an AD quick release mount.

If I have the same problems, I'll post. I've got a POF roller cam pin waiting to try as well if needed.

The bullet weights I'll be trying will be 55, 68, 75 Rem 226 and 77 grains.

Bill

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Normal gas setting, and 55 grain on both.
There are three things worth trying before considering sending it back. First, after degreasing the BCG, re-oil everything except the bolt lugs. Try grease on the bolt lugs. The manual has a great illustration of lube points.

The next time out consider the use of heavier bullets from 62 grains or more. Also, try the adverse gas setting until the round count is higher.

My Gen II BCG was almost impossible to cycle manually until I re-lubed everything including the grease on the bolt lugs. The only reason it had to go back was failure to lock the bolt after the last round.

Bill

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. I contacted Sig's Customer Service last week, and they have already sent me a RMA. Hopefully they can get it fixed. About the only thing I haven't tried is heavier grain ammunition.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
While heavier bullets are more expensive in factory ammo, they might loosen up the new extractor with a bit more recoil. The timing on the extraction/ejection cycle also changes a bit with heavier bullets.

SIG does not want users to remove the extractor's O ring, spring or insert unless they need to be replaced. But the pin holding the extractor can be driven out to clean and lube.

Good luck with your rifle.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.