SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently decided to build a MCX upper for my AR lower since I was tired of waiting for complete uppers or whole guns to become available. I bought the receiver housing first and I recently bought the bolt, bolt carrier assembly, and recoil assembly.

I’m currently in the market for a handguard for my MCX upper build and I was hoping to create a thread that shows the different handguard types on the MCX so it could help others like myself that are new to the MCX platform and would rather not buy a few different handguards to see which one is the right one. I am personally looking at the dmr-16 surpressor compatible version but, I was also looking at the low profile version.

Hopefully, we can get a variety of pictures of the different handguards offered for the MCX lineup in this thread. What handguards do you all have on your rifles? Maker, model, and length?

·
Registered
54 Posts
There's really only:
  • Lancer (legacy MCX only) - mlok
  • Midwest (both legacy and Virtus) - mlok
  • Sig (both legacy and Virtus) - mlok, keymod, bolt-on (LVAW or clone only)
I wish Lancer would bring a handguard to the Virtus, since their cf handguard is just about perfect on the legacy. It's too bad Samson hasn't entered the mix at this point, since they've got MPX handguards now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Sig Sauer MCX handguards come in 2 flavors, Regular and Suppressor Compatible. The Suppressor compatible ones are wider and bigger to allow a suppressor to fit Inside.

To see what they look like, just do a Google Image Search for: Sig Sauer MCX Handguards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.