SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how much would need to be changed in order to make it happen. I know it's not a big deal to do it on a regular AR platform rifle. But I know the MCX isn't your typical AR. Would love to see an aftermarket offering that would allow us to run the MCX as a 9mm sub gun. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Come to think of it, I know that Sig is having a hard time keeping up with orders on the MCX, but..... how the rifle was built from the get go, they could really branch out to other calibers easily, different bolts and magazines, be it probably proprietary, but still, alot of combos could be had....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come to think of it, I know that Sig is having a hard time keeping up with orders on the MCX, but..... how the rifle was built from the get go, they could really branch out to other calibers easily, different bolts and magazines, be it probably proprietary, but still, alot of combos could be had....
I doubt it would come from SIG though. It would compete with the MPX sales.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep, makes me wonder why the slow production, I know they just finished an order for India, I think. But everything I go to the range everybody's asking about my MCX, I've only seen 1 other owner at the range.

·
🎖USAF Retired
462 Posts
Was wondering how much would need to be changed in order to make it happen. I know it's not a big deal to do it on a regular AR platform rifle. But I know the MCX isn't your typical AR. Would love to see an aftermarket offering that would allow us to run the MCX as a 9mm sub gun. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.
They already make one. It's called the MPX...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Point being, a do-all rifle. If they already make the MPX and MCX (same design), it wouldn't be too hard for a "kit" to be made. 9mm .45, or 10mm barrels with respective BCA. Magwell adapter, etc. hell, you could even make a .22 kit for it.
Obviously SIG wouldn't do it, since it would be cutting into MPX sales. But an interesting idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.