SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All this talk of the 2nd Gen BCG recall has made me decide to post pics of what I have experienced with the MCX. I am all in and highly vested in the MCX. I have one config or another since they came out...see pics

Not sure if calling the recall 2nd Gen is the right word. I have seen three generations of BCGs and two operating rod generations. I guess you could say what is going on now is the 2nd Gen operating rod(dog-leg) with 3rd Gen BCG? Most people are not tracking this info since Sig made little to no press changing from the 1st to 2nd BCG. Most people did not recognize since they have one config or another and not multiple.

Take a look at the pics. You can see the different variations in the BCG.

1st Gen - The rear of the BCG is milled out more than the 2-3 Gen. It also has a reddish rubber recoil pad in the lower. If you have such red recoil pad and install the 2-3 Gen BCG, the bolt catch is going the lockup on the carrier instead of the bolt face and it should be. The end of the BCG can't fit around the red pad as required.

2nd Gen - Rear of the BCG is less milled and has a clear recoil/buffer in the lower. In addition, has AR15 type firing pin with no firing pin lock. I never had any issues with this config and through hundreds of rounds.

3rd Gen - The current configuration with dog-leg op rod and firing pin lock. From what I can tell, the new config is there to prevent slam fires only. I have the "G" mod firing pin lock in mine. Now what happens if someone buys a new rifle then installs a new trigger?? Is Sig going to supply any number of firing pin lock claws for each kind of trigger that comes along? It looks like Sig fixed the slam fire concern and created another problem. I am curious to see how they handle this in the longterm?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
cool, Thanks for the write-up!

Just got my MCX back from SIG. Your write-up and pictures showed me what they did. Now I just need to get out and shoot it and make sure it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.