SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure how long it's been, but a good while... So, has anyone heard any new noise about when or even 'if' SIG is going to release the 7.62x39 barrel kits for the MCX? I had actually given up hope and built my own AR 7.62x39, which turned out to be a dream machine, but I still hold hope that SIG will offer the kits at some point. Yeah yeah, it's only been a couple years since promised, so I should have some patience, right.. :mad:

Here's my build... http://commonbullets.com/wp/archives/2155

Regardless of what you have, if you want a 1-4x scope that's the schnizzle, have a look at the Trijicon Accupower. Awesome reticle and a true 1x unless your eyes require lots of ocular focus adjustment. But that's the norm across all scopes claiming a true 1x.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been bugging Sig over this since I preordered my 7.62 kit early last year or 2015. Also asked why it is not shown in the new 2017 catalog, if you haven't noticed. But the response I was given is that the 7.62 is not a popular kit, so they moved it back to get the 300 blackout kits shipping and the 7.62 kit will be released once they meet the demand of the 300 blackout kits. It is still an option with the MCX, they didn't list it in the new catalog because they are not offering it yet, out of sight out of mind so to speak, and that was a quote from a Sig rep.

So, a direct answer is, no one knows if and when including Sig. LOL

BTW, very nice setup on the 7.62 build and very nice write up along with it. I may end up going this route myself, if so I may be sending you some PM's to pick your brain so to speak.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tnx! The build was fun but best of all, it's accurate and cycles perfectly. Wasn't cheap, though, given the barrel and custom HD bolt, along with the side charging upper. About $1500 in all so not that crazy, I guess. Some things you just gotta have. Kinda like just having to have an MCX in 7.62x39! We know that didn't happen, never will, and in your face. Hell, they can't even get the trigger problems figured out after that recall. I'm really sorry I ever sent mine in, as I had to give up my Wilson Combat trigger and go back to the stock factory trigger. Junk. UGH.

PM me if you want more details on the build. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.