SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't posted a range trip for too long. This was a quick visit to our 15yd indoor pistol range with MCX in her 300Blk SBR suppressed setup.

We ran speed drills starting from high-ready, either facing or with back to the target. Also, ran several 10rd bursts at targets charging directly at me - LUV this stuff!!

She ran 150rds of Sig's super & subsonic, and Freedom Munitions 150g reman ammo - All perfectly, and on the '-' low gas valve setting. As usual, I didn't noticed any eye or breathing irritations...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sweet. Just ordered 250 rounds of Freedom Munition for my homemade 300BLK SBR..
How much does the MCX weigh in 300 BLK SBR?
Thanks!! FM does have the cheapest 300Blk I've run. Standing, off-hand shooting at 15 to 25yds, it's accuracy & consistency seem fine - It's fun to shoot, but I don't know about longer distances. The bullet jackets are a little scuffed, so I wouldn't expect great 100+yd groups with FM Remans.

My 9" MCX 300Blk SBR in her home defense setup weights in at 8lbs 12oz. This SBR with only the red dot and empty mag is 6lb 15oz.

Edit: FYI, here's a link to several equipped AR setups' weights

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/184665-ar-gals-fess-up-equipped-weights-all-see.html

Cheers

·
Registered
23,648 Posts
Man! I can't stand to be in the next lane from a guy with a 5.56 SBR! A .300 BO??
:D
Sweet! Have fun!

Reactions: kansascity45

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks!! FM does have the cheapest 300Blk I've run. Standing, off-hand shooting at 15 to 25yds, it's accuracy & consistency seem fine - It's fun to shoot, but I don't know about longer distances. The bullet jackets are a little scuffed, so I wouldn't expect great 100+yd groups with FM Remans.
I've shot a few hundred of the FM 300 BO with the 208 grain A-max bullet from a 10.5 inch barrel. I haven't shot paper at 100 yards but the 12 inch steel is an easy hit with iron sights at that range, seems to stay in about a 6 inch group range but this could be greatly improved with optics and a little serious effort at shooting a tight group and not just banging the steel.
I did noticed the FM no longer lists this load on the web site but goes with 220 grain for their subsonic now.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man! I can't stand to be in the next lane from a guy with a 5.56 SBR!
Yeah, me too - Standing beside an unsuppressed 5.56 muzzle brake is very annoying!! Surefire's Warden Blast Regulator attaches with the same QD as their suppressors - that directs muzzle blasts nicely downrange...

It's a neat trick for your kit - to upgrade your considerate range etiquette...

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.