SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Massachusetts gun owner! I've been carrying for 5 years here in the Democrat(ic) Republic and wish you the best. Nice choice on the gun and the forum- I've been really impressed with the quality of the membership here and the advice. Have you joined the GOAL? Very good Mass. advocacy group for gun owners...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Welcome from the Soviet State of Illinois. I went to high school in New Hampshire and college in Boston. My best friend lives in Marblehead and has all his life. Beautiful states, great food.

If you are originally from Mass or have lived there long enough you ought to know your local history well enough to know that Massachusetts was among the Founding, where shooting “sports” were part of daily life, but more importantly, part of life itself. You shot for fun, for food, for self-defense, for defense of area and ultimately country. EVERY self-respecting male was REQUIRED to own have not only his own weapons but enough supplies to fall out on the Common and be prepared to defend the town and surroundings. So welcome to a proud old tradition. It is fun, it is comraderie, it is skill, but it is also deadly earnest. Considering all the current unrest, you may come to need your skills soon. One hopes not but it’s good to be prepared. You have stepped in the right direction. Congratulations.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your P229 is a good choice for self defense.

Consider taking the NRA Basic Pistol class. It will help you improve your shooting, often includes some coaching from experienced instructors and improves your safe handling of firearms.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good choice on the 229, join one of the clubs and develop your skill. "Massachusetts where freedom began and freedom ended" North East Shooters is a good forum and active in all aspects of 2nd and shooting.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your P229 is a good choice for self defense.

Consider taking the NRA Basic Pistol class. It will help you improve your shooting, often includes some coaching from experienced instructors and improves your safe handling of firearms.
The sentiment is good and well intended, but most of Mass is within reasonable driving distance of the Mother Ship, Sig Academy. Trust me, I’ve done both and SSA is by far the better.

Hank

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome from the Buckeye state

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Greetings from Kansas.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts