SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. First post here so excuse me if it's been asked.

I Have been browsing around and was told that some p320 compacts are ready to be mounted with a romeo1 or other rmr. I cannot seem to find this info anywhere and I may be looking in the wrong places so I figured I'd ask here.

I cannot find a 320c rx anywhere near me and if I had one shipped through Sig pro shop it would end up being like 860+ with ffl background and shipping fees.

Long story short I'm looking to make one from a regular P320c.

Would I be able to pull this off? I'd like to throw an rmr and surpressor sights on it. I don't know if I'll have to get the slide milled to do it which would make this a no go. I'd just rather have some sweet Sig in my hand but not if I have to hand it off to a machinist. Would rather just get the gun buy the sights and rmr over the course of a month or two and have them installed at a smith easy peasy.

Any info you guys can shed on this for me? Am I dreaming to big?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

To do it right you would need to have the slide milled. There are Mounts that attach to the frame and would work, but the sight ends up very high from the bore axis which will extend the learning curve when trying to adapt to the reflex sight. There are also dove tail mounts, which would keep the sight lower, but still not as low as having it milled, and you lose the iron sights.

Also from the wording of your post "I'd just rather have some sweet Sig in my hand" I think a milled slide is the "sweetness" you are looking for.

I had an M&P Shield milled by Galloway Precision...they did a great job, and the turn around was 1 week, price was ~$130.

P320C RX have started to hit the streets, so your local LGS may have one soon...I like the Romeo 1 and they are not around as a stand alone, so my best advice would be to wait for the P320C RX, I have the full size and like it a lot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 320 guns with the factory romeo 1 sight are a decent buy. I wanted one bad when cabelas had them on sale and then they all disappeared. So I bought a 226 rx instead. which actually worked out a bit better. cost more, but I don't have to buy extra mags and new holsters (already have a legion).

I wouldn't look at it as overpaying. if you find one at the normal "sale price" of 749, that's only a couple hundred more than a regular 320. and you get a milled factory slide, the r1 sight, suppressor height sights, and a factory warranty on it all.

the other option is 450-550 on a 320? milled slide 130 (a deal, imo), taller sights 79, and the R1 will be what? 300 ish street price? that's 960-1060 plus some shipping back and forth of the slide and stuff.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The only sig that will ready to have a mounted optic will be the new 320 X series which haven't been shipped to distributors. The compact size will be the X-carry version which will give you the ability to so this.

Otherwise as mentioned, have the slide milled or just get the 320c RX when you can find one.
https://youtu.be/OkZvQR-5icw

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have the gunsmith check it in advance; the slides for the p320 have, per an acquaintance of mine, FIVE different milling patterns... at least two of which will not take milling for an RMR slot.

For the cost of it all, I'd find one elsewhere and pay the shipping.

I have the original 320 carry with grip modules and slide for the subcompact. Does anyone know of its possible to buy the Romeo 1 and slide for the 320C or of sig plans to market that as an option? I have no idea of that would even be feasible but curious what knowledge is out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
The RX slide cut is dovetailed like sights on most pistols. Milling for a Romeo 1 might be more complicated than for most red dot sights. Sig Sauer does this to make the R1 more secure for pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, I am boat as 13BWayToBe.. except I am already cash out for the DeltaPoint Pro, Pistol Base Plate and the Rear Sight that connects to the DPPro. Even after getting a tall (.40) front sight, the sight picture was way, way off.

I am looking at the sight calculator at (https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/) and per my calculations I will need a custom front that is .55 ish to make it line up.

I am looking for options for getting the sight milled. Has anybody had luck with getting their P320 milled? I looked at Suarez International, but they don't offer milling for the P320 with this rds. Specifically, I am told "The DP pro is not compatible with the 320 due to size and front sight height." :-(.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.