SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away a long spell, but have come back in recent days. It's nice to see so many of your familiar names still around. Those that remember me may recollect my affinity for 1911s, despite not having owned one yet. In CA, 1911s aren't so easy to find. There are some Springfields & Kimbers on the roster. I like the DW CBOB a lot, but I wanted my first 1911 to be a 'real' 1911. That meant it had to say "Colt's" on the slide. The now discontinued Commander, model 04691, was once among the last Colts on the roster. Colt has abandoned CA however & it fell off in January. I've searched high & low for one & finally found one, BNIB. These are fetching $1500+ now that they can't be bought in stores. I was lucky enough to find mine for $850. Not bad at all for an American icon, all steel, genuine 1911. Just like JMB designed it :salute2: The iconic blue case, the heft of a steel weapon, nice tight fit, I couldn't be happier. Anyway, I know how it works around here, pics or it didn't happen & all, so, without further ado, here are a few snaps of my pride & joy...

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Actually, the JMB didn't have the "hole in the Hammer". That came about later in WWII for tank crews. The front sight and rear sight were from 1980s vintage, because the earlier ones were a Single skinny blade.
Friend of mine has one of the 1970s vintage in Stainless Steel.

Beautiful weapon. And it is the icon that went to WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Lots of Banana republics, and places all around this globe.

Great piece of history in a modern metal.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Congratulations on the newest acquisition... and welcome back!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Welcome back! Been wondering about you!

BTW Mrs. slayer has that 1911 and loves it. She's talking about taking something off her CCW list to make room for the Colt.

·
Registered
22,567 Posts
Congratulations. I also like the idea of having the name Colt on a couple of my 1911 .45's. Just picked up my new Government Series '70 .45 a couple of weeks ago and love it.

Reactions: CA Patriot
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.