SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I bought the IJW loader which looks almost identical to the RAE but is molded (not printed) and only costs $9.99.

I did not care for how it worked, seemed hard to get a grip on & like the RAE made the rounds point up as they loaded.

Seemed to work much better on a buddies Hellcat mags, so I gave it to him & went back to using my LuLa.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Another update. I messaged RAE industries about my complaints with their P365 magazine loader.

Their response was:
"We are sorry to hear that. Would you like a replacement or a refund?"

UNBELIEVABLE. As if I would want to exchange my defective loader for another loader with the same design defect!

My response to their reply was:
"Your response is inadequate. I would like you to remove this product from sale until you fix the design problems.
As it doesn't appear that you intend to repair the design defects any time soon I would like a refund."

I replied to them on 04/23/2021 at 1:25PM central time. It is now 04/29/2021 11:52AM and I have not seen a refund or received any further communication.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Get the refund and spend in on a bigger lock box.
I carry these lock boxes on my bicycle so I want them to be as small as practical. I'm just going to cut down the excess plastic on a Makershot loader and that will work just fine.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I got a Makershot when I couldn't find an Uplula. I'm quite happy with it. No need for me to "upgrade".
I got a Makershot 9mm Sig also. Salesman at the LGS threw it in the bag when I bought my first (2) handguns last August. It still rides around in the bottom of my range bag but I haven’t used it since I got an UpLula as a premium with a 500 round 9mm ammo purchase from my range store.

I actually paid for a .223 Maglula Speedloader.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got a Makershot 9mm Sig also. .......but I haven’t used it since I got an UpLula.......
What differences do you find between the UpLula and the Makershot loader in terms of ease of use, loading speed, etc?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate these two loaders?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I carry these lock boxes on my bicycle so I want them to be as small as practical. I'm just going to cut down the excess plastic on a Makershot loader and that will work just fine.
Ya know, I keep circling back to threads like these, kinda like a traffic accident. Ya wanna know if its a bad one, and maybe the injured guy is an aquaintance, and might need some blood or sumthin. I mean, ya never know about these things. But I'm making a New Months resolution, right now in front of everybody. I'm gonna mash the gas, and try to outrun the urge to visit this stuff again. I mean, either somebody is intentionally yanking our chain on some of these topics, or somebody is getting light headed from the bloodloss. Peace out.

Reactions: woody b

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just ordered the Makershot for my P365 on Amazon. The manufacturer is currently running a buy one get another one 50% off deal on Amazon. So I also got one for my Glocks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ya know, I keep circling back to threads like these, kinda like a traffic accident. Ya wanna know if its a bad one, and maybe the injured guy is an aquaintance, and might need some blood or sumthin. I mean, ya never know about these things. But I'm making a New Months resolution, right now in front of everybody. I'm gonna mash the gas, and try to outrun the urge to visit this stuff again. I mean, either somebody is intentionally yanking our chain on some of these topics, or somebody is getting light headed from the bloodloss. Peace out.
In your honor I bought two more Makershot loaders.

Davidjon_99,

Thanks for the heads up on the sale price.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Why even waste your time get the maglula
As I have stated many times already, the UpLula takes up too much room in my lockboxes and I wanted something smaller.

Secondly, the Makershot is 1/3 of the price of the UpLula.

I find the Makershot loader very easy to use. The Makershot loader has no moving parts to fail. So why should I want something that doesn't fit my lockboxes very well and costs 3 times more?

·
Registered
942 Posts
As I have stated many times already, the UpLula takes up too much room in my lockboxes and I wanted something smaller.

Secondly, the Makershot is 1/3 of the price of the UpLula.

I find the Makershot loader very easy to use. The Makershot loader has no moving parts to fail. So why should I want something that doesn't fit my lockboxes very well and costs 3 times more?
Some people like to learn everything the hard way but to wach their own.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If your willing to do that, I will put a nftg code in the end of my thread title. It will stand for “ not for TerminalSigness”. I’m looking out for you!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
What differences do you find between the UpLula and the Makershot loader in terms of ease of use, loading speed, etc?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate these two loaders?
They both work, so which CON is more important?

Makershot: 7. I have to PUSH the round into the back of the mag - eventually bruises the tip of my thumb. The ridge can be a bit sharp. Matters if pre-loading a dozen mags for a range day.

MagLula: 9. To get to speed I had to internalize the 4-step action but the rounds just drop in. Once the muscle memory is developed the MagLula is a like machine, not a tool. Also I have more leverage with the MagLula and the shape is more comfortable.

Same for the .223, just a different action.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used my new Makershot mag loader at the range today. Good news, I didn't explode, cramp up, die a horrible death, fall in a well, shart myself or anything like that. It actually worked very well. I'm very pleased with it and will continue using it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I cut off the front and rear lips on my Makershot loader to be able to fit it into my small lockbox, which contains a P365 with an XL grip module with one loaded 12 rd magazine inserted, and 3 additional loaded 12 rd magazines.

I hold the loader with the cartridges perpendicular to me, so removing the front and rear lips have no effect on the way that I hold or use the loader. Granted, removing the front and rear lips will reduce the strength of the loader somewhat. However, the Makershot loader is seriously overbuilt, so removing the front and rear lips will have little practical effect on necessary strength. It's probably still strong enough to stand on.

If I bought an actual P365XL, I might need to trim off 1/4" from the bottom of the loader to still be able to fit it into my small lockbox. But you could trim off 1/2" from the bottom and the loader would still work fine.

The Makershot loader is easy enough to use and allows me to easily fit all 12 rds into the magazine. After a minor modification, the Makershot loader now fits into my lockbox along with everything else. At today's ammo prices I don't have to budget to fire off more than 100 rounds at a time, so finding a loader that's even easier to use just isn't an issue. Maybe if I win the lottery and can afford to own lots of different firearms and be a range rat I'd buy an UpLula. But at $12.99 a Makershot loader is pretty hard to beat. It's cheap enough to keep one loader in my lockbox and another in my range bag.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I cut off the front and rear lips on my Makershot loader to be able to fit it into my small lockbox, which contains a P365 with an XL grip module with one loaded 12 rd magazine inserted, and 3 additional loaded 12 rd magazines.

I hold the loader with the cartridges perpendicular to me, so removing the front and rear lips have no effect on the way that I hold or use the loader. Granted, removing the front and rear lips will reduce the strength of the loader somewhat. However, the Makershot loader is seriously overbuilt, so removing the front and rear lips will have little practical effect on necessary strength. It's probably still strong enough to stand on.

If I bought an actual P365XL, I might need to trim off 1/4" from the bottom of the loader to still be able to fit it into my small lockbox. But you could trim off 1/2" from the bottom and the loader would still work fine.

The Makershot loader is easy enough to use and allows me to easily fit all 12 rds into the magazine. After a minor modification, the Makershot loader now fits into my lockbox along with everything else. At today's ammo prices I don't have to budget to fire off more than 100 rounds at a time, so finding a loader that's even easier to use just isn't an issue. Maybe if I win the lottery and can afford to own lots of different firearms and be a range rat I'd buy an UpLula. But at $12.99 a Makershot loader is pretty hard to beat. It's cheap enough to keep one loader in my lockbox and another in my range bag.
View attachment 398732
View attachment 398733
Thanks for the update Al - I'm glad that is working well for you.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I bought the IJW loader which looks almost identical to the RAE but is molded (not printed) and only costs $9.99. I did not care for how it worked, seemed hard to get a grip on & like the RAE made the rounds point up as they loaded.
I was seriously considering buying that loader to try because it's fairly small. So thanks for the heads up. I won't bother with it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts