SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found some Magtech 10mm ammo at a decent price but I have never used that brand. How is their ammo overall in terms of reliability and ftf? The other brand available is PPU.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Shot plenty of both, but not in 10mm.

Both are good quality brands.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Limited experience with Magtech, shot a small amount of 9mm +P, no issues with it. PPU has always been flawless in all pistol and rifle calibers, great stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
No 10, but I've run lots of Magtech in 9, .45 ACP, and .223/5.56 with zero issues. I've chronographed some 62 gr. .223, pretty big ES, so definitely not match ammo, but fine for shorter range practice ammo. Later.

Dave

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for all the responses. I am impressed with the forum

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
AIM Surplus is out of all of their 10mm. But they sell a lot of PPU and Magtech in all calibers. Normally this is where I get mine when in stock. Their prices are generally competitive to better.

Sellier & Bellot is also a decent shooting ammo.

https://aimsurplus.com/ammunition/10mm/

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just gave son and nephew 1K rounds 9mm each. still have a few thousand . the days of target practice are almost over. hard to find and replace

.45 ammo is almost .80-$1.00 p/rd. 10mm comes in at .53-.60 per. 9mm higher than that

223/556 is also crazy so glad I got what I have along with .308 & 30-30

and have a good amount of 22LR. comes in handy to scare away four-legged and two leg critters. most people vamoose when they here a gun firing.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AIM Surplus is out of all of their 10mm. But they sell a lot of PPU and Magtech in all calibers. Normally this is where I get mine when in stock. Their prices are generally competitive to better.

Sellier & Bellot is also a decent shooting ammo.

https://aimsurplus.com/ammunition/10mm/
thank you. I will keep an eye on this site. S&B is great and never a problem in any cal.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Magtech is the commercial brand name for Brazilian arsenal ammunition.
They make the military ammo there

It is fine but nothing special I would prefer S&B over PPU and Magtech but I wish I had bought 20K of their 9MM when all this started and I could not get Geco and S&B and balked at Magtech.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have probably shot some 1500 rounds of Magtech in 10mm with no issues at all. I clean my guns after every range visit so I cant speak to how dirty or clean it is but I never had an issue with magtech ammo in any caliber I have ever used.

10mm specifically shot out of
Glock 20
Springfield XDM
Rock Island Commander
Ruger Match champion

worked fine in all of them and had enough pop to have fun

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's what was readily available at my range so I've shot a fair amount of it in my S&W 1006. Never had any issues with it and it seems to be loaded to proper 10mm numbers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used Magtech ammo in 9mm, 38 Spl, and 45LC.
All have been very accurate and 100% function.

Also used PPU in 9mm and 38Spl - accurate enough but an interesting smell to their burned powder.

S&B is decent, also with an interesting smell - but I've found the accuracy to be slightly less than Magtech and PPU.

So no direct experience with Magtech in 10mm, but overall a high quality ammo manufacturer from my experience with other calibers.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I’ve only used Magtech and PPU in .38 super and have had no issues. Magtech is a little dirty but I don’t care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts