SIG Talk banner

Mags and holster for P220

951 8
Good morning, Sports-Fans!

I just put in an order for a P220 Stainless Elite. As I rock back and forth waiting for my new friend to arrive, I'm looking at accessories.

I have two questions.

1. My next pistol purchase will be a P226. Likely a Legion, but I'm not sold on that yet, i have some time before my "gun fund" replenishes to make up my mind. My understanding is that holsters that fit the 220 will also fit the 226. Is this accurate? I would feel more comfortable shelling out more money on a holster if I know I can use it on both weapons.

2. What should I do for extra magazines for the 220? I know Sig's factory mags to be quality, but I'm confident that similar quality mags exist at a lower price point. Any recommendations?

Also, is there anything else that I should consider?

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Nightwind,
It will be dependent on the holster, leather is more lenient than many kydex holsters and mold to the pistol. Railed pistols in many cases are better enclosed in kydex or polymer holsters, as the rails can abrade/cut into the leather. Your best bet in this instance is to visit the holstermakers website, and see if both models are shown to fit the same stocknumbered holster, in the model you desire.

ACT-MAG (Italian manufacture) possibly Sigs source, has Blued and Nickled 8 round magazines for less than $20 each.
go to: Greg Cote, LLC

· Registered
18,006 Posts
While I can't guarantee that all holsters that fit a 220 will fit a 226, I know that my Alien Gear IWB holster holds 220, 226 and 239 all with what appears to be equal tension, so it works for all three models.

· Registered
3,852 Posts
The full size P220 will fit in almost any P226 holster (as will the full size P227)

The Carry version P220C will not (Nor will the P227 Carry)

The P220 Carry and P227 carry will fit P229 holsters.

I like the Safariland ALS locking holsters for range use (and of course the any day impending Zombie Apocalypse) They keep the gun locked so when bending over no embarrassing oops, it just fell into the dirt moments and is so easy to unlock when you draw
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...ight-hand-sig-sauer-p220-p226-composite-black

I am assuming you did not buy the full size P220 for conceal carry but if at some point you want to carry the P220carry takes the same magazines

· Registered
3,046 Posts
if the 220 and the 226 are railed both will fit same railed holster.
if the 226 and the 226 are non-railed both will fit same non railed holster.
you can put a non railed in a railed holster also, it be a bit loose though.

I'm talking about leather holsters, I have no knowledge on Kydex holsters.

and Congrats on the 220, excellent weapon.

· Registered
3,852 Posts
if the 220 and the 226 are railed both will fit same railed holster.
if the 226 and the 226 are non-railed both will fit same non railed holster.
you can put a non railed in a railed holster also, it be a bit loose though.

I'm talking about leather holsters, I have no knowledge on Kydex holsters.

and Congrats on the 220, excellent weapon.
The same with all Kydex I have tried

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input! I had been looking at leather holsters, but I'm not opposed to Kydex. I like the thought of a locking mechanism. It's not something that I have on my paddle holster that I use with my Walther P99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
50 Posts
While I can't guarantee that all holsters that fit a 220 will fit a 226, I know that my Alien Gear IWB holster holds 220, 226 and 239 all with what appears to be equal tension, so it works for all three models.
I'll second Flash's post about Alien Gear. No issues with fit with mine either. The upside - for an additional $15 or so you can buy the shell specific to your firearm and just change it out. This beats buying a bunch of (expensive) holsters for each pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.