SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Magguts site because I was curious about the +1 magazine kit for my P238 after reading some positive feedback about it. While browsing I noticed they have a +2 kit “Coming Soon” for the 10, 12 and 15 rd P365 magazines. 12rds in the 10rd magazine just seems crazy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use the 12rd in my XL so if I could put 2 more rds in why not. I have used the Magguts +1 kit in my Kimber Micro for over 3000 rds without any problems, (the Micro uses the same kit as the P238).

·
Registered
104 Posts
It’s said that for at least three months now.

Hopefully it happens

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a video posted just a few days ago of the MagGuts conversion being done on both 10 and 12 round P365 magazines. The conversion kits looked to have retail packaging and all. So hopefully this is very close to release.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is a video posted just a few days ago of the MagGuts conversion being done on both 10 and 12 round P365 magazines. The conversion kits looked to have retail packaging and all. So hopefully this is very close to release.
Nice! I read through the comments on the video, the guy who made it says should see it in 3-4 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! I read through the comments on the video, the guy who made it says should see it in 3-4 months.
Yeah, I went through all the comments too and saw that, but I took that to mean specifically the P365XL 12 round kit with the specific base plate used in the XL... as opposed to the 365 10 round and 12 round kits shown in the video. Now granted, the 12 round body/tube, follower and spring are the same for the 365 and 365XL, it is just different base plates and surround vs no surround, so not sure why that would be so much later.

I have MagGuts for my Ruger LCP (+1) and it works great, so excited about the +2 for my 365!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,112 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
689 Posts
+1 ^^^^^^^
Thousands of 100% flawless rounds with every type of brass ammo through my P365 and P365XL. 12+1 flawlessly vs 14+1 and questionable reliability?? Mehh.
Just carry an extra 15 round SIG mag if you're worried about having 'enough'.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So these use the stock mag body length and don’t extend it at all? I don’t see how it’s possible and maintaining reliability. That stock spring is always super compressed. I wouldn’t trust this on a carry gun.
They use a different type of spring vs. the standard coil spring. Magguts "plus" spring have been used in certain Glock magazines reliably for many years now. Having said that, I have never used them in any of my Glock magazines, although I have a friend who uses them reliably in one of his G43 mags. I'll take a wait and see approach with the P365 mags though. Plus two seems very ambitious in such a small magazine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They use a different type of spring vs. the standard coil spring. Magguts "plus" spring have been used in certain Glock magazines reliably for many years now. Having said that, I have never used them in any of my Glock magazines, although I have a friend who uses them reliably in one of his G43 mags. I'll take a wait and see approach with the P365 mags though. Plus two seems very ambitious in such a small magazine.
That may be so, but look at it this way. One of the biggest feature a manufacture can make over the other company is capacity vs the other companies product. If it was as simple as swapping springs and followers to reliably get two more rounds in the same mag they would do it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They have their share of bad reports too. I think the positive far outweighs the negative but people have had problems. I would get this for the range but wouldn't carry it.

On the other hand, ProMag has a way worse reputation and I have a 20rd ProMag for this gun that has been flawless for me 250+ rounds in. Again, I'd never carry it but reputation and reality don't always line up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They have their share of bad reports too. I think the positive far outweighs the negative but people have had problems. I would get this for the range but wouldn't carry it.
Watching some of the install videos, it looks a little tricky; something that would be easy to get wrong. I’m sure a lot of the bad reports have to do with difficulty in install and people doing it incorrectly.

Heck, I even had a factory Ruger magazine that was put together wrong, I can imagine all the DIY’s screwing these up

·
Registered
104 Posts
Watching some of the install videos, it looks a little tricky; something that would be easy to get wrong. I’m sure a lot of the bad reports have to do with difficulty in install and people doing it incorrectly.

Heck, I even had a factory Ruger magazine that was put together wrong, I can imagine all the DIY’s screwing these up
Yeah good point

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That may be so, but look at it this way. One of the biggest feature a manufacture can make over the other company is capacity vs the other companies product. If it was as simple as swapping springs and followers to reliably get two more rounds in the same mag they would do it.
That Might be hard if it infringed on a patent. I’ve Never used a Magguts product, nor am I advocating it, but I am considering trying one to see how well it works. The design is rather clever with a shorter than stock traditional spring up top that rides over a cup and a flat spring underneath that collapses into the cup, so the two springs can share some of the same space, which frees up space for more rounds.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So these use the stock mag body length and don’t extend it at all? I don’t see how it’s possible and maintaining reliability. That stock spring is always super compressed. I wouldn’t trust this on a carry gun.
If you look close you'll see that they do increase the functional length ever so slightly, but most of it is concealed by the baseplate giving just 1/8" extra length. I've run their kits in several guns and I'm a believer, although I agree with those saying that the cost is pretty steep when you consider a new factory mag is only about $10-$15 more. However their engineers certainly know what they're doing, so I guess it's the price of doing business with a company that hires smart guys.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I could not get magguts (or pearce extensions) to work reliably in my G43 - and I tried for over 1200 rounds. The only mags consistently reliable were stock 6 rd OEM (glock). But I know others have had great success with them. With 12 and 15 round sig mags available I (personally) see no need for magguts for the P365 - and given my G43 experience, won't consider them. There are also P365 base plate alternatives too (shapeways, tactical developments etc). As with any modification, test the heck out of it before you trust your life with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I could not get magguts (or pearce extensions) to work reliably in my G43 - and I tried for over 1200 rounds. The only mags consistently reliable were stock 6 rd OEM (glock). But I know others have had great success with them. With 12 and 15 round sig mags available I (personally) see no need for magguts for the P365 - and given my G43 experience, won't consider them. There are also P365 base plate alternatives too (shapeways, tactical developments etc). As with any modification, test the heck out of it before you trust your life with it.
I had Pearce +1 on 3 G43 magazines and they functioned perfectly. However, I did sell the G43 after I transitioned over to the Sig P365. I also had a couple of Pearce +2 extensions on a couple of G26 mags for use with my 40/9 conversion barrel on my G27 - they also functioned perfectly with one caveat, I could only get one additional round in them (vs. the advertised 2). However, I also sold those G26 mags and the conversion barrel, as I have "retired" my old but trusty original gen G27 (commonly referred to as a Glock gen 2.5) in favor of the P365 for daily CCW. I don't know how many rounds I have through my old G27, but it functioned 100% reliably over all the many years since I've owned it, even with the conversion barrel and the Pearce "plus" magazine extensions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same here, liked the pearce +1 but they would not function with JHP, worked fine with lead round nose, my reloads. Anyway picked up a P365XL, also have a p365 so I think the 43 is going to fund a reddot. I like glocks but this will just sit now. No need for magguts when you have 12 +1 or 10 +1.

Reactions: gwes351

·
Registered
4 Posts
The P365 MagGuts +2 upgrade is now available for order on their website. They only show availability for the standard P365 10/12 round mags (not P365XL). I went ahead and ordered one kit each and will put a lot of rounds through these two conversions before considering upgrading more of my P365 magazines. We will see... just something to play with for now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts