SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw an ad for a P226 at an attractive price. However the pistol came with 10 round magazines. Living in the gun friendly State of Florida I have no need nor desire for 10 rounders. That started me wondering if 10 round magazines can be converted to 15 rounders by changing mag springs and/or followers,- or is there something like a welded plug in place to prevent conversion?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
I recently saw an ad for a P226 at an attractive price. However the pistol came with 10 round magazines. Living in the gun friendly State of Florida I have no need nor desire for 10 rounders. That started me wondering if 10 round magazines can be converted to 15 rounders by changing mag springs and/or followers,- or is there something like a welded plug in place to prevent conversion?
As stated, they are made to prevent such a "conversion"... fortunately you live in the same state as a vendor that has OEM style magazines at great prices: Sig P226 15 RD 9mm phosphate by OEM supplier Mec-Gar MAG22615 [OEM MEC-GAR MAG22615 15 RD 9mm] - $26.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.