SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the P365XL and noticed I have to jam the mag into gun pretty hard in order for it to catch properly. Any1 else have/had that prob? Mags are hard to load since they're small and I'm wondering if my mags will be easier to insert once the mag springs loosen up. Any ideas? Thx in advance for any tips of help.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is the issue occurring with loaded and/or empty magazines? Is the slide locked back or closed? If the difficulty is occurring when a magazine is loaded and the slide closed, this is normal for all semi-automatic pistols. When inserting a loaded magazine in a pistol with the slide closed, you have to overcome the magazine spring force that is pushing the ammunition upward against the lug on the bottom of the slide.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just purchased the P365XL and noticed I have to jam the mag into gun pretty hard in order for it to catch properly. Any1 else have/had that prob? Mags are hard to load since they're small and I'm wondering if my mags will be easier to insert once the mag springs loosen up. Any ideas? Thx in advance for any tips of help.
Yes, it's normal with a loaded magazine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bout the missing info. Yes the slide is closed n mag loaded. So I'm figuring as the spring loosens up the mag should go in with less force

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is the issue occurring with loaded and/or empty magazines? Is the slide locked back or closed? If the difficulty is occurring when a magazine is loaded and the slide closed, this is normal for all semi-automatic pistols. When inserting a loaded magazine in a pistol with the slide closed, you have to overcome the magazine spring force that is pushing the ammunition upward against the lug on the bottom of the slide.
It's certainly normal with my 365XL and, to a slightly lesser extent, with my 320X-Compact. However, I do not recall this occurring with any of the single-stack pistols I've fired. I've always attributed it to the extra spring tension required for double-stack mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts