SIG Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have modified 3 frames so far. Some better than others. I have a small, FS, Compact and Sub. The pin that the manual safety uses is small compared to the cutout in the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
had NO idea when they will be building the MA compliant grip modules
They are manufactured by a subcontractor.

There are dealers in Massachusetts that will sell a p320 without the external safety
While that has happened in the past, they were quickly turned in by other dealers when the word gets out,.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What a great idea!

So I understand correctly, once you have the bolt through the take down lever hole, you then drill out the the grip module that needs the notch cut in it? Once the hole is drilled, do you finish the notch with a Dremel or how did you finish the entire notch on the modified grip?

Thanks for the excellent photos. I can see several $46.00 spends on grip modules to get this right!!

After your modification, did you have any misfires? That's what I found after doing my initial mod. If so, what did you find was the problem causing that?

I fired about 250 rounds through my new 320C last week (with the stock MA compliant grip module) and the gun functioned perfectly and was a treat to shoot. I look forward to being able to modify my FS module using your approach.

Thanks again for sharing this great idea.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not experienced any issues. The only difference in the frames is the cut out. The cutout itself is larger than the pin that the safety lever uses. It is not a hard task to remove the material needed. I drilled mine out and used a hack saw for the rest. A little clean up with the file and it was good to go. A friend of mine asked the Sig reps at the Texas Firearms festival a few weeks ago about when grip modules would be available for MS guns. Their answer...no time soon if any at all. This was the exact same message I recieved from the master dealer I purchased my pistol from. We all know this is subject to change at any time.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am rather confident that I will be able to get any aftermarket grip modules to work with my MS FCU.

It also makes me consider stippling with an old soldering iron. I have found that the Gen1 texture feels much better and more secure than the Gen2 texture.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
GordySig:

Thank you. I will order one (perhaps two) FS grip mods from Sig right now and give your process a go.

Appreciate the information and the reference photos.

Be well and enjoy Turkey Day!

Peter

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just got a P250 Compact-Small module from the classifieds here and modified it to fit my manual safety FCU.

I have very medium-sized hands and this size feels excellent. I also have the SC-Small grip setup and this feels like a perfect balance between CM and SC-S. Its not as blocky as the SC module and I think the height is perfect.

Really looking forward to putting rounds down range with it.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.