SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need you guys to help me decide something.

I have two range Beretta's and am thinking about thinning out one to fund, primarily, other gun projects.

I have an M9A3 which I pulled the stock threaded barrel and put in a standard 92FS barrel in and have been shooting it that way for a while. Thus the original barrel has almost no use. The M9A3 is a great gun and very accurate, but it suffered (slightly) from the same issue the Legion does; premature finish ware. Mine has almost none, but that is because I have babied it.

The second Beretta I almost sold a while back is a 96FS Elite A1. I decided to keep it because it is a pretty unique gun and I had recently complimented the .40 Bar-Sto barrel it came with, with a ported Sig 357 Bar-Sto barrel.

The 96FS will accept the 92FS 9mm barrel I have in the M9A3 along with the 9mm mags. Thus, I could just pull that barrel and have the 96FS be a 3 barrel gun for the range and dump the M9A3.

What do you think?

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I absolutely love the M9A3. I think Beretta hit it out of the park with this gun, and, except the fact that I do believe the Army needed to go with a striker fire, I thought they were fools not to even look at this gun.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I absolutely love the M9A3. I think Beretta hit it out of the park with this gun, and, except the fact that I do believe the Army needed to go with a striker fire, I thought they were fools not to even look at this gun.
Oh, no doubt it is a very nice gun. But is is essentially the same as the 96FS. Both are vertex style frame, the Elite is a Brigadier slide.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I had to go back and re-read your post...sorry! I have to admit I'm not a big fan of changing things around like that, unless, like with the P320, it is designed for it. However, if you can make it work safely then I see no problems with doing it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to go back and re-read your post...sorry! I have to admit I'm not a big fan of changing things around like that, unless, like with the P320, it is designed for it. However, if you can make it work safely then I see no problems with doing it.
So far all the research I have done says it will work without issue. The frames are the same, the slides are, essentially, the same as well. Only the 9mm barrel just leaves a bit more gap around the frame on the front end. There may be some slop around the extractor. I need to do some test there.

The Brigadier slide is built for the .40 and really I saw more caution in running 357 in it due to the increased pressure than then 9mm.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Giver a spin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.