SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the SigTalk but really in need of advice. I recently purchased a M400 AR15. It has Magpul furniture on it and I am in the process of finding a sling. I just don't know what accessory I need to make it fit.

I have found one that I think will be suitable:
Magpul Industries MS4 Dual QD - Multi-Mission Sling GEN 2, Black MAG518

I know there are many mounting configurations (i.e. picatinny rail, handguard, etc). I would like to mount my sling from the hand guard and to the stock of the AR.

My question is will the following QD mount work for the hand guard mount:
Magpul Industries M-LOK QD Sling Mount, Quick Detach, Black MAG606

As for the rear (stock) mount, I don't have a clue what accessory will work. I do know there is a mounting hole on the lower receiver and this could be an option but I would like to ideally mount it on the stock.

Is my choice correct for the hand guard mount adapter? Any advice on what accessory I could use for the rear (stock) mount?

Thanks in advance,
Daud

·
Banned
1,792 Posts
Daud,
Google...Quick Disconnect sling swivels or Flush Cups as the TactiKool Mall Ninja's call them.
Adapters are configured for KeyMod or MLok.
KeyMod configuration appears like skeleton key slots in the fore end/handguard.
MLok configuration appears like .300" wide rectangle slots in the fore end/handguard.

Any 3/8"-.375" diameter holes with an internal cut ring are for QD swivels for the MagPul MS4 Dual QD sling.

Quick Release Swivels are the stud type swivels used on most hunting rifle sling configurations.

A picture of your hand guard & butt stock would help tremendously.

pic of MagPul MS4 sling attached to ArmaLite AR-10A.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M400 Picture

"Daud,
Google...Quick Disconnect sling swivels or Flush Cups as the TactiKool Mall Ninja's call them.
Adapters are configured for KeyMod or MLok.
KeyMod configuration appears like skeleton key slots in the fore end/handguard.
MLok configuration appears like .300" wide rectangle slots in the fore end/handguard.

Any 3/8"-.375" diameter holes with an internal cut ring are for QD swivels for the MagPul MS4 Dual QD sling.

Quick Release Swivels are the stud type swivels used on most hunting rifle sling configurations.

A picture of your hand guard & butt stock would help tremendously.

pic of MagPul MS4 sling attached to ArmaLite AR-10A."

Thanks for the response and info.

Here is a similar picture of my m400":
SigSauerM400-TRD.jpg

As stated, I want to attach the sling on the hand guard and butt stock...let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I got this sling suggested by one of the members. VCAS-CUSTOM-200 Custom Padded Vickers Sling from Blue Force Gear. I will post a picture to show the sling and connectors."

Hi Glenn54,

I had my eyes on the Magpul product, however, I am willing to reconsider if it is a viable option. Would you happen to have the part numbers for the sling and connector?

Thanks again for your response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
m400 Closeup

Hi again DansSIGs, here is closeup of the M400:

m400_closeup.jpg

This one has a different hand guard than the one I have but I want to get the right attachment for the butt stock of the weapon and this picture offers a close-up of the butt stock.

Daud

·
Banned
1,792 Posts
Daub,
The handguard in your pic is intended to have M-Lok hardware attached.

The 3/8"-.375" diameter hole at the aft end of the receiver is for a QD/push button swivel.

To install a QD/push button "Flush Cup" in the butt stock below the telescope lock lever & forward of the sling slot would require drilling a clearance hole for a #10 screw to install a flush cup.(that will not be flush)

Second pic of Flush Cup installed in a pistol brace.
Third pic of MagPul Stk w/ stand-off & Flush Cup/QD Push Button swivel.

Pic of my 458SOCOM upper w/ MagPul parts-
carbine fore end w/
QD sling adapter,
bipod adapter &
rail w/
Vertical Grip installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
You’ll need one of these for your handguard: https://magpul.com/m-lok-qd-sling-mount.html?mp_global_color=118

After that your MS4 should hook right to the handguard and the QD mount on the buttstock when you use it as a 2 point.

If you want to use a Blue Force Vickers or VTAC sling, you’ll need the above plus two of these: https://magpul.com/qd-sling-swivel.html?mp_global_color=118 or these: https://magpul.com/qdm-quick-disconnect-sling-mount.html?mp_global_color=118

As mentioned in an earlier post, you can also use the QD mount on the aft of the receiver if you want to use the MS4 as a single point. The VTAC and Vickers are both quick adjustable two point slings. I suggest you look at several videos on YouTube on settings up and using the VTAC, Vickers and MS4. That will give you a better idea of how they all work and which might be right for you. If you don’t plan to use the MS4 as a single point, then the Vickers or VTAC may be better options.

There are other attachment options as well. HK style clips and locking sling swivels are a couple.

·
Banned
1,792 Posts
Daub,
A local ordered 1 of these slings off amazon a few weeks ago-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JA9E7LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The ladder lock buckles were marked MagPul on the underside.
The MS4 adapter was marked MS4,but did not have the MagPul phosphate/parkerized finish.
The QD push button swivels were NOT of MagPul quality.
The adjustment slide was of different configuration than any MagPul.

Cost of the complete sling/delivered was less than a single MS4 MagPul adapter.

The jury is still out to see how the QD swivels will perform & their expected service life.

I support MagPul since they moved out of CO & into TX & have a CAGE # to supply the US DOD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts