SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking forward to how you like it vs. stock. I see that it is in stock at Sig. Curious about the perceived weight difference. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking forward to how you like it vs. stock. I see that it is in stock at Sig. Curious about the perceived weight difference. Enjoy!!
weight feels a lot better, also heat dissipation is a lot better than stock. Wish they would sell the tool separately.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Before and After pics would be cool!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought the replacement Sig Tread handguards just swap out. No need to remove the barrel nut.

I have the M400 Tread pistol and next step is to replace the handguard, looking for something lighter. I saw some posts where they replaced with another company's handguard like Midwest Industries but had to remove the gas block and use a new barrel nut. Sorry new to AR15 and didn't know SIg uses non mil-spec parts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought the replacement Sig Tread handguards just swap out. No need to remove the barrel nut.

I have the M400 Tread pistol and next step is to replace the handguard, looking for something lighter. I saw some posts where they replaced with another company's handguard like Midwest Industries but had to remove the gas block and use a new barrel nut. Sorry new to AR15 and didn't know SIg uses non mil-spec parts.
When it comes to handguards, many, if not most of them, use proprietary barrel nuts. Mil-spec just doesn’t apply to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my solution. Had a extra BCM barrel wrench laying around. Just dremeled off the middle prong. Works good!

This hand guards inside diameter is too small! Gas block was touching, resulting in poor accuracy. Watch out any MLOCK accessories may touch the gas bock or gas tube and interfere with accuracy!

IMG_3102.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my solution. Had a extra BCM barrel wrench laying around. Just dremeled off the middle prong. Works good!

This hand guards inside diameter is too small! Gas block was touching, resulting in poor accuracy. Watch out any MLOCK accessories may touch the gas bock or gas tube and interfere with accuracy!

View attachment 374459
So you were able to successfully install a non-sig handguard to your tread?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts