·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I guess the M17 (full length slide in the bottom photo) will be going on a compact length grip?

Perhaps for the sake of parsimony, only compact length grips will be issued, regardless of FS or C slide?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but the slide cover plate for an optic and the rear sight appear to be one piece. Just like the slide plate/rear sight on the P320 X Carry is one piece.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I guess the M17 (full length slide in the bottom photo) will be going on a compact length grip?

Perhaps for the sake of parsimony, only compact length grips will be issued, regardless of FS or C slide?

Actually it is on a carry frame, there is a post to an article on the forum here, showing actual photos of a M17 in its box ready to be shipped to the Army, it contained the pistol, all three grip size carry modules, 1 17rd, and 2 21 rd magazines, and a plain brown cardboard box

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's a anti tampering lock on the frame and striker assembly to avoid removing the FCU and striker by anyone other than armorers.
Hmm, interesting choice, I would think that would almost be a drawback, where if your gun was damaged out in the field, it would be an advantage to be able to switch out the grip module.

I don't think my compact has that sight rail, is that only on carry and full size slides? Or maybe I'm mistaken and have to look at mine again.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts

They all look to be a Carry frame.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I have to admit I like the full size P320 better on the carry frame rather than the full size frame. It doesn't look to long and goofy.

Reactions: Lane73

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
While I disagree with the armorer's lock on the gun, I do understand it. How many troopers would **** with it as soon as they could with cheap TAPCO **** thinking they are 'upgrading' their new toy.

Gear Queers are everywhere!!!!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Reactions: GCBHM

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
where if your gun was damaged out in the field, it would be an advantage to be able to switch out the grip module.
Do you really think our troops would carry "spare grip modules" with them in the field?

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Really like the 'stepped' look of the shorter dustcover on the full-size variant. A bit more elegant looking overall, like the classic P-series.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.