SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with an M17 where the recoil spring/guide rod generates a very loud squeak when the pistol cycles? It sounds like an old screen door closing. I've tried applying a light coat of lubricant and this did not seem to solve the problem. Right now the pistol only has about 300 rounds through it--so, perhaps, more rounds will smooth out the parts. If there is a solution that I'm overlooking I would be very interested.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with an M17 where the recoil spring/guide rod generates a very loud squeak when the pistol cycles? It sounds like an old screen door closing. I've tried applying a light coat of lubricant and this did not seem to solve the problem. Right now the pistol only has about 300 rounds through it--so, perhaps, more rounds will smooth out the parts. If there is a solution that I'm overlooking I would be very interested.
Ya I heard about this. Sig has been shipping some m17s with microsize mouse's dont mind it brother offer the mouse some cheese and in do time it should go away with use. It's a brand new gun bro.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

So you can hear this with ear pro on? Or you can hear it when manually cycling?
Either way if there no malfunctions I believe it to ok.
All of my pistols make some sort of noise when manually cycling it. My P10C sort of screeches (for lack of a better term) when manually cycling it but I I’ve had zero malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you can hear this with ear pro on? Or you can hear it when manually cycling?
Either way if there no malfunctions I believe it to ok.
All of my pistols make some sort of noise when manually cycling it. My P10C sort of screeches (for lack of a better term) when manually cycling it but I I’ve had zero malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I can hear it with ear pro on & also, obviously, when manually cycling. You are correct--there are no malfunctions. The pistol has eaten everything put through it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My M17 does this as well, at least when manually cycled. I can't hear it when firing. No impact on the weapon's performance or reliability, but it is a little disconcerting.

Reactions: peanuts2018
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.