SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am working on enhancements to my M17 and I completed the "Sights and Lights" changes this weekend. I added a Trijicon RMR RM06 HRS with a Springer Precision RMR mount and a SureFire X300 light. Adding the RMR took a little work as the Springer plate had very tight tolerances. I will shoot it today and compare the iron sights results to the RMR results. Next Phase includes Safariland holsters (tactical and competition) and suppressor height sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The two mounting holes used are at the rear of the slide. The screws that attach the slide cover are on the inside of the slide and you must remove the extractor to access one of the screws. The slide cover, or RDS mount, will retain the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI), which has a small spring that is very easy to lose...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received a BoBro plate and rear sight today. I will do a comparison between the BoBro and Springer Precision plates this weekend. When I asked BoBro what height front sight I needed, they responded with "You'll need a height anywhere from .375"-.4". I am confused, I believe that a specific height would be required to ensure the pistol is zeroed???

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
I received a BoBro plate and rear sight today. I will do a comparison between the BoBro and Springer Precision plates this weekend. When I asked BoBro what height front sight I needed, they responded with "You'll need a height anywhere from .375"-.4". I am confused, I believe that a specific height would be required to ensure the pistol is zeroed???
Potential variations in depth of the front sight groove are probably why they didn't give an exact height.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Difference between a #8 and #6 sight I’d presume

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.