SIG Talk banner

M17 Approved for use by rest of DOD

777 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ThnkFrst
Hey guys, been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. I'm a Marine and bought a 320c in 9mm after it won the MHS competition. I switched to it from a Glock 19. The main reason I bought it was to train with the tools I use for work, and now it's official for my branch and the others:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...accepted-service-navy-marine-corps-air-force/
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
6,262 Posts
Welcome to the site. Good idea to get familiar with the pistol, although it may be some time before you actually get issued one. Hopefully sooner than later, but as you know...a lot of hurry up and wait.

Reactions: Signify

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the site. Good idea to get familiar with the pistol, although it may be some time before you actually get issued one. Hopefully sooner than later, but as you know...a lot of hurry up and wait.
I'm well familiar, coming from an infantry unit, however I think the Marine Corps has seen a trend with Gen Neller, and now SecDef Mattis of acquiring and employing upgraded weapons systems recently. Take for example, the push towards the M27 being adopted across the board, new and more effective ammunition, or some of our recent acquisitions of new technology. I think the leadership under those two fine gentlemen I mentioned really want to improve our capabilities. Now I know a pistol is not used very often and isn't that important, but it's also cheap and relatively easy to acquire and outfit our units with since the program of record already exists (thanks to the Army).

· 🎖USA Veteran
12,132 Posts
I'm well familiar, coming from an infantry unit, however I think the Marine Corps has seen a trend with Gen Neller, and now SecDef Mattis of acquiring and employing upgraded weapons systems recently. Take for example, the push towards the M27 being adopted across the board, new and more effective ammunition, or some of our recent acquisitions of new technology. I think the leadership under those two fine gentlemen I mentioned really want to improve our capabilities. Now I know a pistol is not used very often and isn't that important, but it's also cheap and relatively easy to acquire and outfit our units with since the program of record already exists (thanks to the Army).
Couldn't agree more Marine. I worked programs for both Army and USMC; we were able to get systems from concept to fielding with the USMC that I'd still be pushing for the Army...and I retired 8 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.