SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im up in the air on what to buy next. Im looking for a double stack 9 for fun gun. It may find itself being rotated in as a carry once in a while but the 224 has pretty much owned that spot as of late. I love my 357 sig in 229 and enjoy shooting it however my cousin has the m11a1 and boy does it shoot nice. I found a army green on black for great price on gun broker. Ive decided this week im gonna get something. What would you guys go with if you had to pick.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If carry is not a priority then I'm not seeing how the SAS option has any value for you.

I would (and did) chose the M11-A1. You have already said that you like the way it shoots.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
If you already have the 229 SAS 357, then you gain nothing by getting another. You could buy a barrel, spring, and mags and convert whenever you want to, but that's about $300.

The M11A1 would be my choice. But the price on them has ballooned in the past year. Seems like they went up $150 or more.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If i go with the 229 it would have to be an sas. All my sigs are sas and every holster i own is for a non rail model. With the possibility of it being loaded with some lehigh max expansion and riding my hip im not looking to buy another ms or tt gunleather holster for a what if moment in future. I really did enjoy the m11 and a little green will break up the solid black look in my collection. It looks pretty favorable to finish off my safe with the m11 and beretta 1301 comp shotgun this month.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Both are very nice. One thing I really like about the SAS is the fact that it has rounded edges. It looks sleek and feels good to me, but the M11 is also a fine selection as well. I think if it were me I'd be inclined to buy one now, and then get the other later. LOL! Sorry...this is a very difficult choice.

Reactions: Willard

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
I have an M11A1 and it is a fine shooter. But my first choice would have been a 229 SAS in 357 SIG but it was not available. I could have run 9mm with a conversion barrel but with the M11A1 I have to use a CALX kit in 357 to get that multi-caliber capability.

Otherwise I don't see much meaningful difference between the two models; both are 229's and what could be wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Cannot really go wrong with either. These two models are among my top favorite current-production Sigs. I own three SAS P229s—all in 9mm, though (a German-frame and two others). I do have an older double serial number in 357 SIG that I do enjoy, but rarely shoot. The M11-A1 is a great P229 variant and a proven performer. If it were me, I'd have to give the slight edge to the SAS in 9mm. They are somewhat of a horse a piece, really, but I like the dehorned, melt treatment of the SAS models. They are a very classy looking pistol design.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Both are grade A guns man. Go with what you like the looks of more because that's all there really is to it. The M11 has some cool color options. I carry the Scorpion version and its bad to the bone...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.