SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Robert Burke tuned M11A1 just passed 35,000 rounds this weekend. We just trained and ran 2,750 rounds today without cleaning in a very sandy environment. In the past 2 weeks round count has been 7,150 documented logged rounds. Robert did a Carry Package, QTR and replaced a few parts with the "old new stock" German parts where he could like the Locking Block. Im also running a Bruce Gray Fat Black Guide rod as well as "Blue" .40 caliber OEM springs. Yes, "Blue" recoil springs in a 9mm. Reason is I run high round counts with NATO spec SAAMI pressures. Robert said to try the "Blue" springs and change out every "10,000" rounds vs the "white 5,000" He's right, flawless functioning. I highly suggest Robert's work. Robert is an amazing person to have work on your firearms. I trust my life everyday to Robert Burke's work. I realize there's good armorers out there, however, no one works on my firearms but Robert Burke. Thats the trust I have in him.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Robert is the man. I have a 320 that he worked on and it is fantastic.

How are the chamber and barrel holding up on your M11-A1 after 35,000 rounds?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
DBS:

Chamber and Barrel are great. Barrel is chrome lined and shiny. Gun is a tank. The 229 frame is a beast and over engineered which is a good thing. My counterpart has an M11A1 with over 41,000 rounds through his and is very hard on his to the point I damn near feel sorry for the gun and it keeps shooting. He cleans his by dunking the entire pistol in a barrel of Ballistol, runs a couple of patches in the barrel and lubes the rails. That's it. Gun always functions. He says he's been running Sigs this way for 25 years and he says the M11A1 is by far the most durable to date. I tend to agree.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Great news - now where to find a barrel of Balistol? I would dunk my P229 in there too. It would even be good for the wood grips. ;) :D

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Lol.....your preachin to the choir here big guy.
This is Sig Armorer territory.
Seriously, Robert is well know and well respected here.
Congratz on passing 35k!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My Robert Burke tuned M11A1 just passed 35,000 rounds this weekend. We just trained and ran 2,750 rounds today without cleaning in a very sandy environment. In the past 2 weeks round count has been 7,150 documented logged rounds. Robert did a Carry Package, QTR and replaced a few parts with the "old new stock" German parts where he could like the Locking Block. Im also running a Bruce Gray Fat Black Guide rod as well as "Blue" .40 caliber OEM springs. Yes, "Blue" recoil springs in a 9mm. Reason is I run high round counts with NATO spec SAAMI pressures. Robert said to try the "Blue" springs and change out every "10,000" rounds vs the "white 5,000" He's right, flawless functioning. I highly suggest Robert's work. Robert is an amazing person to have work on your firearms. I trust my life everyday to Robert Burke's work. I realize there's good armorers out there, however, no one works on my firearms but Robert Burke. Thats the trust I have in him.
Do you consider it a "shooter" or "safe queen" ?? :lol:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Can you clean her up and post some pics? Maybe the barrel, rail, and other wear areas. I'd love to see what 35K worth of rounds does to a gun.

Preach it brother! :lol: You can't tease us with a round count of 35,000 and not give photos. Hahahaha

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
DBS:

Chamber and Barrel are great. Barrel is chrome lined and shiny. Gun is a tank. The 229 frame is a beast and over engineered which is a good thing. My counterpart has an M11A1 with over 41,000 rounds through his and is very hard on his to the point I damn near feel sorry for the gun and it keeps shooting. He cleans his by dunking the entire pistol in a barrel of Ballistol, runs a couple of patches in the barrel and lubes the rails. That's it. Gun always functions. He says he's been running Sigs this way for 25 years and he says the M11A1 is by far the most durable to date. I tend to agree.
Now that is MY kind of Cleaning. Grease on the Rails and dunk the rest in a decent CPL.

Only I would probably use Break Free.

Reactions: Jedi5150

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Now that is MY kind of Cleaning. Grease on the Rails and dunk the rest in a decent CPL.

Only I would probably use Break Free.
You summed up my cleaning routine exactly. I don't actually dunk it, but with the amount of Break Free I put on it I might as well have. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.