SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new M11-A1 last week. Perfect gun.

Noticed that the de-cocker lever is a grayish color. The rest of gun is the usual, Nitron black. Why is de-cocker lever a different color?

Saw photo of M11 on SIGs website and it shows same grayish color.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just got a new M11-A1 last week. Perfect gun.

Noticed that the de-cocker lever is a grayish color. The rest of gun is the usual, Nitron black. Why is de-cocker lever a different color?

Saw photo of M11 on SIGs website and it shows same grayish color.

It has a special anti-corrosive coating on it. You can swap it with a regular if you don't like it, but otherwise it's good to go.

Good choice by the way. The M11-A1 is my primary EDC.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I thought maybe it was the internal coating. But why only on the de-cock lever?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,621 Posts
Bob's correct, the M11A1 and Mk25, have "Parkerized" (Phosphate coated) internals, including the "Combat" models. Sig identifies it as: "Corrosion Resistant Internal Coatings". A lot of the coloration will be dependent on the composition of the base metal and its hardness, and can be anywhere from a light gray to almost black.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a phosphate coating that prevents rust, you'll also notice it on the hammer and slide release. You simply can't beat a M11-A1—they're a great gun!
No, only on de-cocking lever. Entire gun is Nitron Black.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
No, only on de-cocking lever. Entire gun is Nitron Black.
How's the slide lock look? How about the sear and other internals when you remove the slide? I have a M11A1 and all the internals are coated along with the slide stop and decocking lever. Too be honest, it won't matter unless you go swimming with it or go frolicking in the rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts