SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend let me shot his Shield for a a good 100 rounds and man..oh man.
loved that lil thing...easy to shoot...AND more importantly i was extremely accurate with it.....
what is the general consensus around here with this handgun? any cons i should be aware of?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Good deal right now.

When I did my Single Stack 9 I tried out 9-10 of them. The Shield was a contender but in the end two factors led me to the PPS instead. First, the torture tests by Guns & Ammo showed it and only 2 other single stacks had no hiccups of any kind in their testing (and the shield was not one of them). Second, it felt better in my hand and I was more accurate with it than the other two. To me the first requirement of any carry weapon is reliability. So, I carry a PPS as my CCW as my primary weapon. Walther has a $100 rebate on PPSs right now too.

Good luck with your choice.

Reactions: Vanelrx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know they have a rebate going until June 30th...could it be they are about to release an updated model? should i wait until then? (thanks for the info on the rebate from Walther..had no idea)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
i know they have a rebate going until June 30th...could it be they are about to release an updated model? should i wait until then? (thanks for the info on the rebate from Walther..had no idea)
The odds are that they do. Their M&P has a 2.0 version that is new. The Shield is due for a refresh. The Walther version is the Ver2. If its possible try some of the single stacks out at a range. Although for around $225 it's hard to go wrong with the Shield these days.

Reactions: Vanelrx

·
Registered
556 Posts
Love the Shield 9 so much that I've got two of them. Just got one from PSA for $289 - so $215 after the rebate. Its a no-brainer. Shoots like a much bigger gun. IMO the absolute best value right now for an awesome gun.

Ever since the rebate have been announced, there has been speculation regarding the reasoning behind the rebates. Just as you mentioned, some speculated that a new model may be coming out. But I personally don't buy this explanation. The rebates are good for the Shield 45 as well, which is a very new model - which IMO pretty much rules out the "new coming model" theory.

The more reasonable explanation I have heard is that they produced way too many guns in preparation for the expected democratic election victory - and subsequent spike in gun sales. Since that didn't happen, a lot of inventory went stagnant and now they are just trying to move it.

The rebates also extend to several other models (by varying amounts) which also seems to support the latter explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.