SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lyman Trigger Pull Gauge & P320s

Has anyone else figured out the trigger pull on a P320 .45?

I ran it today on my new P320 .45ACP and the 5 pull average was 3 lbs 12.6 oz which seems unreal to me (although it did feel very light at the range today for my first range trip with it).

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just ran another 5 pull average and it reads out 3 lbs 11.7 oz

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what the Lyman reads for two five pull averages from each of my P320s.

P320 Full - .45ACP – 3 lbs 12.6 oz | 3 lbs 11.7 oz

P320 Carry TacOps – GGI Straight Faced PELT – 3 lbs, 10.6 oz | 3 lbs 12.1 oz
P320 Full RX – GGI Curved Faced PELT – 3 lbs 15.2 oz | 4 lbs 2.7 oz
P320 Full X-Five – 4 lbs 5.7 oz | 4 lbs 10.3 oz
P320 Compact – GGI Straight Faced PELT – 3 lbs 12.5 oz | 3 lbs 8.2 oz

All the PELTS were installed with the trigger, the spring and the bar.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have a P320 full size .45 with an Advanced Apex Flatty I'm measuring around 5.5 with a Wheeler analog gauge. I was getting close to 7 on the stock trigger. Firearm had yet to be broken in though.

My gauge seems to be accurate based off of my other trigger measurements. For example I'm a little over 4 on my SAO Legion P226.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
With my new Lyman digital gauge and a stock P320 trigger 9mm/.40/.357 is consistently in the mid-to-upper 3lb. range. I see no need for any modifications. Great trigger! However, my Walther PPQ Q5 match is even better. Much better. The P320 trigger 'pull' feels very similar to my Smith-Wesson M&P Performance Center 9L. The only difference is the quieter reset on the Smith.

·
Registered
251 Posts
With my new Lyman digital gauge and a stock P320 trigger 9mm/.40/.357 is consistently in the mid-to-upper 3lb. range. I see no need for any modifications. Great trigger! However, my Walther PPQ Q5 match is even better. Much better. The P320 trigger 'pull' feels very similar to my Smith-Wesson M&P Performance Center 9L. The only difference is the quieter reset on the Smith.
You gauge is defective.

·
Premium Member
13,493 Posts
Woah....3+ lbs? Man I would be very uncomfortable with that on anything but a target gun. I was getting 6.8# for my 9mm P320. But 3-something for a gun with no manual safety would cause me some serious concern.

I agree that your gauge may be off. A 3-ish # trigger definitely feels feather light especially when compared to other factory guns. Does it feel like a target gun?

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
392 Posts
You gauge is defective.
I already thought of that. I used a friend's gauge with similar results. <shrug>
For another reference, I'm getting the same low trigger pull on my Walther PPQ Q5 match as others have posted on YT. So if it's the same as what they are getting, I doubt it's defective.
I have another FCU showing up Monday, so I'm anxious to compare the two.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I already thought of that. I used a friend's gauge with similar results. <shrug>
For another reference, I'm getting the same low trigger pull on my Walther PPQ Q5 match as others have posted on YT. So if it's the same as what they are getting, I doubt it's defective.
I have another FCU showing up Monday, so I'm anxious to compare the two.

I think 6.5lb is the factory trigger pull on the 320 according to Sig. Mine is right on that exactly. 3lbish doesn't seem right hmmmmm. Not doubting you though just seems pretty weird.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Metaphor: Did you paint your grip module dark grey? I like the combo.
Yeah, the whole gun is painted Sig Dark Grey and the textured part of the grip is Armor Black.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Color me confused. I thought about all non x5 p320 guns were about 7 pounds outta the box. And the x5 320 about 5.5 pounds.
My 1911 came 4.75 pounds outta the box.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I can pull my trigger on the very tip and get into the upper 3lb range but center of trigger where my finger sits is 4lb 3oz to 4lb 4oz oz for Gray Guns trigger kit . Stock was 6lb 7oz .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.