SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this from Midway today and checked my MK25 and my SAO legion.
The MK25 is right at spec or a bit over 4.4 to 4.6 lbs

The legion is lighter at 3.2 lbs. I practice my trigger discipline with the MK25 so
switching to the legion felt like going to a match trigger! I am very interested to see if the pull weight goes down as the pistols rack up the round count. The Gauge was about 50 dollars which I feel were well spent!

I only used spring scales as a young man and have not had one for years...so imagine how nice it is to get a digital one!

I like it!

·
Registered
55,907 Posts
a while back i treated myself to a digital caliper, even though i'd gotten along with the old school, round dial for years.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I too just bought a Lyman and I was surprised at some of the pull weights I found on my sigs. Mostly heavier than I anticipated and above the specs. I bought it to check the pull just before sending two of them to Robert for his carry level trigger work. Guns expected back today, so I am anxious to see the difference in the measured pulls after the work.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My P226 Legion SAO came in at 4#2.5oz with my Lymann gauge. I measured the pull weight from the middle of the trigger. I tested it before I fired it. I'll put a few hundred more rounds down range and check it again.

Blindsquirrel I like the fatboy avatar. I picked up a 2016 Fatboy Lo S last July, great bikes.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
A good trigger can feel lighter than what it actually is.
I like having a gauge. I have a manual rcbs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A good trigger can feel lighter than what it actually is.
I like having a gauge. I have a manual rcbs.
Yes sir. I have four XDm's all heavily modified with Powder River parts that I fitted and polished myself. The trigger pull weight on them is 3# even. Everyone who has had the pleasure of shooting them say the trigger feels super light and they are surprised when I tell them they are at 3#. One of my good friends calls them "suicide triggers." These triggers rival a good 1911 trigger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir. I have four XDm's all heavily modified with Powder River parts that I fitted and polished myself. The trigger pull weight on them is 3# even. Everyone who has had the pleasure of shooting them say the trigger feels super light and they are surprised when I tell them they are at 3#. One of my good friends calls them "suicide triggers." These triggers rival a good 1911 trigger.
3 lbs is to me a perfect weight for accuracy. I love 3 lbs triggers!!!

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I checked my Lyman digital with a calibrated weight (spot on).

I place the scale hook mid-trigger and make sure I'm pulling back parallel to the slide or barrel, slowly. Technique can vary readings by quite a bit.

Also find measurements will vary somewhat between hand holding the gun compared to resting the gun firmly against my bench or clamping the gun in a vise.

I'm with you on the dial caliper thing, Bear. I have an old Mitutoyo dial caliper with carbide jaws. I'll grab that first when working on the lathe, unless I need to convert from decimal to metric, which is where the digital caliper really shines - I might actually use if for conversions more than measurements :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts