SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
LubriPlate greases and oils are highly regarded- but only sold in large volume containers, so LubriKit supplies it in smaller tubes and such. :abe:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I buy my lubriplate in 14oz cans but you can also get them in 2oz (or so) pencil-style squeeze containers. The stuff is really great all around: guns, chainsaws, anything that really requires grease.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
I don't use it for golf- I have a special "swing lube" for that in cold 12 oz bottles!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Lubriplate make some of the finest lubes known to man, and have for many a year. The US Army has been using lubiplate since WW!. Between Lubriplat and Lucas you can not go wrong.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I bought Lubriplate SFL-0 Gun Grease 15 oz Tub... what's with the expiration date?

Times have changed w/ advancements in chemistry.

Open your LubriPlate container in 80 Deg F Temps.
Soak up any oils that bled out of the mix.

Choose wisely applying to any stainless firearm for storage purposes-(yellowish tarnish-glorified white lithium grease that waxes when exposed to atmosphere)

SuperLube for the win !!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Knowing what the grease and oil properties are and using them accordingly is just as important as lubing the gun.
This is a good read on gun lubes and the Lubriplate in question. Lubrication 101: Gun oil, snake oil, and how to tell the difference. - www.GrantCunningham.com

Lubriplate makes more than one type of grease and oil, made from many different things for different applications.
Lubriplate 105 and SFL-0 may be white in color but that is where the similarities end.

I've been using the #105 for a long time as I have tons of it from work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lubriplate is great stuff! Years ago a picked up a case of the small container's of U.S/ Lubeiplate. Small clear plastic container with a yellow top marked Rifle Grease. There's about a 1 once of grease of it. The box said 1975 and it's still going strong. I always keep a few handy in my pack, glove compartment wherever I think I might need some!

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
powermad,
I've used Fisk Bros-Lubriplate for years for multiple applications.

I thank Fisk Bros-Lubriplate for the multiple tracking/control/ground station antenna's that I've had to de-stack/rebuild/re-stack from grease/lubrication failures in gearboxes/transmissions/pivot points.

Maybe an Arctic Environment issue w/ 150 deg temperature variations ???

Lubrication products were changed & no issues to date in the last 10yrs.

Place a glob of any Lubriplate grease product on a glass saucer plate.
Store at room temperature
Do not cover it
Do not touch it
Look at it after 1 week
Do not soak up the oils that have leeched out of the product
In short order the oils will dry up leaving a wax that will discolor 400 series/magnetic/stainless steel(used in firearms)
After a month wipe the glob of wax off the plate & attempt to clean off the discoloration.

Not for use on any of my firearms.Thx!

Arctic conditions/environments will destroy inferior products.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@DasnSIGs. I think you are trying t be informative and helpful, but I cannot understand the point you are making. I live in a relatively temperate zone of North America with HVAC controlled environments all around.

Are you saying that Lubriplate is good in the Arctic Circle for industrial purposes, but not on firearms outside of the Arctic Circle?

Super-Lube is better for firearms closer to the equator?

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
@DasnSIGs. I think you are trying t be informative and helpful, but I cannot understand the point you are making. I live in a relatively temperate zone of North America with HVAC controlled environments all around.
Are you saying that Lubriplate is good in the Arctic Circle for industrial purposes, but not on firearms outside of the Arctic Circle?
Super-Lube is better for firearms closer to the equator?

Captiva,
exactly the opposite from your comprehension
LubriPlate products are useless in any application in the Arctic.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
I bought Lubriplate SFL-0 Gun Grease 15 oz Tub... what's with the expiration date?
You bought a great grease (SFL-0) you can feel good about using on guns. Both Lubriplate and Superlube have many different greases and oils with a variety of different pros and cons, operating temp ranges, intended uses... Some are mineral based, some synthetic...

Anecdotal claims espousing noticeable differences in performance between two or more brands should be ignored if the claim doesn't list the exact product codes so one can research those specific greases.

Reactions: Captiva
1 - 14 of 14 Posts