SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana.

Measure the pivot pin to takedown pin center to center distance and diameters. Chances are it is the same as the DPMS specification. Normally from what I've seen, the difference is mainly in the uppers, barrel extension diameter/feed ramps and rail height. The lowers difference is normally in the magazine used.

For a reference, my Bushmaster, which is DPMS spec has the following dimensions:
Pin Diameters: .276"
Center to Center Pin Distance: 6.830"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Willard. I appreciate the feedback. When I spoke with Sig, they said any lower should work When I spoke with Armalite, they said, that was not the case The AR10s are not as standard as AR15s

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Here are some visuals on the differences between the Armalite AR-10 and the DPMS LR308, lots of other differences with other makers, at least 5 combinations I know of that will not work. My advice, to avoid any damage keep the receivers paired by the maker, even if they pin up there could be slight variations in the BCG/Buffer interface that could cause a bad day when fired.
Bumper Auto part

Technology Electronic device Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Reactions: Willard

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Here are some visuals on the differences between the Armalite AR-10 and the DPMS LR308, lots of other differences with other makers, at least 5 combinations I know of that will not work. My advice, to avoid any damage keep the receivers paired by the maker, even if they pin up there could be slight variations in the BCG/Buffer interface that could cause a bad day when fired.
View attachment 120746

View attachment 120754
That is exactly the reason, that I haven't tried to build one, and "bought" one, no "standardization"! Thanks for enlightening me!

blackmetoc, I hope you didn't act on my advice... sorry for any inconvenience!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That is exactly the reason, that I haven't tried to build one, and "bought" one, no "standardization"! Thanks for enlightening me!

blackmetoc, I hope you didn't act on my advice... sorry for any inconvenience!
Don't be afraid to build, it is really simple if you do your homework in advance. 95% of the time I spend on a build is researching parts. Buy components like the buffer system in a kit to insure they all play together and as I said before buy the receivers as a set from one maker, many have builders sets that include a rail as well. There are internet forums that deal specifically with issues encountered when building 308 AR's so there is help out there!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you ever figure out if upper would fit ? I am getting an upper but now I am trying to figure out if I can use lr308 lower for it would it fit or any other brand , any help welcomed if anyone can measure 716 upper center holes that would help with my search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.