SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sig m716 with a 3.6 blackrain trigger, magpol foregrip, and Tijicon Acog with reddot on top. I want to add a solid recoil buffer and a nice Muzzle brake. I am looking for real quality here so price is not an issue. Thanks for any reccomendations of brands.

I also have a stupid beginner question, if I get a .308 or 7.62 brake can I only shoot either .308 or 7.62 (wheres without the brake my m716 can shoot either one with out issue). It's not a deal breaker if I would be limited to one or the other, but I'd have to give it more thought.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Here is some reading material for you, not all but a lot of popular muzzle devices are included. I'm not aware of ANY manufacturers that say not to use their product with one ammo over another so no worries there. As far as changing the buffer goes if the gun runs good now I wouldn't mess with it, you may actually cause problems and be out some money, it's a gamble.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/jeremy-s/556-muzzle-device-shootout/

Part 1
Muzzle Brakes: Field Test Overview & Line-Up - PrecisionRifleBlog.com
Part 2
Muzzle Brake: Summary of Field Test Results - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.