SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it so hard to find OEM or even a good replacement spring for the 21 round P320 X5 magazines? Does anyone know of a good source?

I called Sig - they don't sell them and could not help me
Mec-Gar only sells to companies they have a contract with
Wolff Gun Springs did not have a direct replacement but I could take a chance on something that might work
I did an extensive Google search and all I could come up with was Taran Tactical sells P320 springs that go with their +5 Base Pads for 17 round mags.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Why do you need to replace the springs in your 21 round mag.
I have two 21 round magazines about 2 years old with perfect springs
If you actually have an issue with your 21 round magazines Sig will repair them for free.
Sig does not sell magazine parts (except baseplates) Sig will install a new spring into your mag if it is needed.
SO
If you are having a issue with your Sig Mag call Sig again...This time though don't ask for a spring...
Tell them you are having a problem with your magazine.... Sig should give you an RA

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why do you need to replace the springs in your 21 round mag.
I have two 21 round magazines about 2 years old with perfect springs
If you actually have an issue with your 21 round magazines Sig will repair them for free.
Sig does not sell magazine parts (except baseplates) Sig will install a new spring into your mag if it is needed.
SO
If you are having a issue with your Sig Mag call Sig again...This time though don't ask for a spring...
Tell them you are having a problem with your magazine.... Sig should give you an RA
I'm not replacing the springs in my 21 round mags that I currently have in rotation. I want to purchase additional springs.
I also have Sig X5 21 round magazines a couple of years old that are still stiff and perform well, that's why I'm looking for Sig OEM springs.
I don't have any issues with any of my Sig X5 21 round magazines.
I found out Sig doesn't sell magazine parts when I called them.
From past experience, Sig does have great customer support and they have helped me in the past.
Long story short, I was given two (2) 21 round magazine tubes without springs or followers. I want to rebuild them and put them in my USPSA magazine rotation. I have followers and base plates for the 21 round magazine tubes I can use.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can buy grams springs and followers. The 11 coil version is the right length for the 21 round mag more or less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TTI springs for the 17+5 work in the 21 just fine.
They also work with the 21 rounder with a TTI+2 extension.
I use both configurations for USPSA.
Thanks ddc, that was a big help! Just the type of info I was looking for.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks ddc, that was a big help! Just the type of info I was looking for.
You bet.

Regarding Grams springs and followers:

I know there are those who are very happy with that product.
They do give you an extra round.

However I could never get them to be reliable enough to use in a match.
Kept getting jams with nose of bullet into feed ramp for the first one or two out of the mag.
Didn't have time or energy to debug the problem. Went back to stock followers with TTI springs.
If you want to try them out send me a PM and we can figure something out cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts