SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sig P226 Elite in .40 with rosewood grips, nights sights, and oh how I love that srt trigger, "NY Pre Ban" the week before Obama was elected the first time. (traded a glock 23 towards the cost)

I ran the gun 26 weeks a year for IDPA, 50 - 60 rounds each time, for 3 years, then a job change affected my schedule and instead of primarily IDPA it became my daily concealed carry piece for the last 6 years. About a month ago, I purchased the E2 grip kit, installed everything myself, and love it even more however...

I typically carry in the small of my back, in a leather holster, that I picked up somewhere over the years. The holster itself is stamped Braids Holsters, and has an american Eagle Emblem on it. What I like is that the holster is somewhat universal, it also easily fits my S&W M&P Compact in .40.

The problem is after switching to the E2 Grip I founnd on three occasions, that my mag had come unseated. Testing a little I found that when I sit down in a chair, or my drivers seat the holster flexes enough to press against the magazine release. With the standard grips, I never had this problem. I think with the lower profile grips the magazine release stands a little more proud than it did in the past which is causing my issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? My mag release is stock, not modified, does Sig or anyone else make a lower profile one for use with the e2 grip? Is there a lower profile one on another pistol I could try on 226 to alleviate this?

If there's nothing viable aftermarket, I'm probably going to buy a spare, and bust out the grinding wheel, and dremel fluff & buff...

·
Registered
56,192 Posts
how do you reach the firearm when driving??

welcome from az

·
Premium Member
12,562 Posts
I would probably look into another holster that does what this one does as well as possible, but doesn't allow the mag button to be pushed. There are so many to choose from these days.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
56,192 Posts
in looking at file pics on the sig website, it looks like there's more of a built-up area in the de-cocker area.

·
Registered
788 Posts
the grips don't depress the mag release so it has to be the holster or the way you sit now. maybe you've put on some weight or now the holster can rub the mag release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts