Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Anyone have a good recommendation for a laptop bag with a concealed carry pocket?

I took a look at the Sig Legion messenger bag but it just does not look like a $250 bag. It does not even look like a $150 bag to be honest.

I'm strongly considering the 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima size but just wondering if anyone knows of anything better. I don't mind the price so long as it's worth it.

My primary concern is it will comfortably hold a 15" Macbook Pro and associated accessories as well as some room for a book or papers. The laptop part must be padded as in a normal laptop bag.

Also, I'm hoping to find something that does not have Molle junk all over it like the 5.11 bag does. I want something stealth that does not scream "tactical" bag. In other words, I'm looking for a Brenthaven bag with a pistol pocket. Does that exist?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,383 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know there are a lot of choices. I was hoping to get some recommendations from someone who has actually used one.

I don't want to end up having a "CCW bag" drawer next to my holster drawer :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Are you specifically looking for a laptop bag or a backpack or am I splitting hairs on this? I've got a North Face Recon. Comes in all the non-tactical colors you'd want. Nice padded pocked for the laptop and had a second pocket that also has a "hidden" zippered pocket inside of that. Not specifically for CCW I'm sure but a 229 in a sticky holster fits in there perfectly.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
You may want to consider Haley Strategic, but I think you will be happy with the 5.11 gear. I've looked for so many other bags, but none compare to the utility of the 5.11 stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
6,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hello all,

Anyone have a good recommendation for a laptop bag with a concealed carry pocket?

I took a look at the Sig Legion messenger bag but it just does not look like a $250 bag. It does not even look like a $150 bag to be honest.

I'm strongly considering the 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima size but just wondering if anyone knows of anything better. I don't mind the price so long as it's worth it.

My primary concern is it will comfortably hold a 15" Macbook Pro and associated accessories as well as some room for a book or papers. The laptop part must be padded as in a normal laptop bag.

Also, I'm hoping to find something that does not have Molle junk all over it like the 5.11 bag does. I want something stealth that does not scream "tactical" bag. In other words, I'm looking for a Brenthaven bag with a pistol pocket. Does that exist?

Thanks!
I've never seen a laptop bag that has a conceal carry pocket but there are many with smaller pockets in side them that could be converted into one with Velcro and the Velcro holster attachments some holsters have ..

I have a Vargus Computer Bag that has a couple of places something like that could be attached .. one pouch on the outside of the bag and two inside a main compartment . but you'll need to go to computer stores and look for yourself to see what you think would work for you !!

I don't like off body carry and want access within 1-2 seconds inside a bag would take double that time maybe more so have never considered it myself ..

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
This one has "quick access" pockets on the outside - - might be the ticket while still avoiding the premium price of having a purpose built CCW pocket. AND you can visit it at a local store to check it out.

TOUGHBUILT Large Quick Access Laptop Bag and Shoulder Strap, Black-TB-EL-1-L2 - The Home Depot

Edit to add: I'm no longer in a situation where I would ever need to openly carry a laptop case. However, I would have a great deal of trepidation in doing so - I could just see my laptop *and gun* departing with some fleet of foot bad guy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't carry a messenger bag as an EDC bag, but I do have a Jansport and I cannot sing higher praises about the company and their lifetime warranty. Had a backpack from freshman year of high school (9 years ago now...yikes) and sent it in a few weeks ago as one of the seams around the zipper were just starting to rip, water bottle pouch was torn, and the bag was just in general rough shape as once I got out of high school, it turned into a work bag. Sent it in, and 3 weeks later they sent me a brand new bag since they said it was "unrepairable" and since they no longer produced that model, they sent me a new model bag instead! So for 11 dollars shipping and a one-time investment of about 60 bucks on a nice bag, I got ANOTHER 60 dollar bag just a couple years later.

Anywho, after all the rambling, here's a link to the Jansport bag.
Network Messenger Bag | Laptop Messenger Bag | JanSport
Has both a tablet pouch on the top part, behind the laptop compartment, as well as a side pouch for "cords;" both of these pouches seem easily accessible and like they would be perfect for storing a handgun. The tablet pouch is also accessible from the inside of the bag, and you could probably use a clip-on holster in this and still retain access with the outside zipper without having to open the whole pack. Not tacticool at all, and again a solid bag from a solid company. Here's a video from the company detailing all the pockets they have on the bag:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.