SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 227's are fairly new to the lineup for Sig. Therefore, there aren't many options as of yet for holsters for the non-standard versions. I just picked up the SAS version and tried a few different holsters, but none of them fit right. Some of them didn't even get by the trigger guard. I was basing the holster selection off of the sig site that gave the 226 and 220 holsters as viable options. They were not.

So I ask you. Does anyone know who makes a holster for the 227 SAS? I would not be opposed to having one made (i.e. kydex, leather, etc.) assuming the price was right. But I am hoping to find a good plug-n-play option before I start asking for someone to ruin their weekend by making me a holster. Anyways, thanks for your consideration. I have pics posted of the gun in the New Users forum.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max II and a SIG TAC holster for mine. Buy one for a P220R (rail). That's what I did and they work just fine.

Mike

EDIT: BUT... I HAVE THE FULL SIZE P227

·
Registered
109 Posts
I found p226 holsters work decently for the SAS model, also p228 holsters seems to work good too. I have tried both and both worked well, I did get a custom holster made though, from tucker gun leather, their "cover up plus". I like it a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found p226 holsters work decently for the SAS model, also p228 holsters seems to work good too. I have tried both and both worked well, I did get a custom holster made though, from tucker gun leather, their "cover up plus". I like it a lot.
Excellent. I will give them a look too. Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
As a crafter, I don't think that would ruin anyone's weekend.

I actually look forward to making a few holsters for my 227.

Reactions: H4LFM0A

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 227 SAS that works fine in a Galco (I think) OWB with a thumb break listed for a 220 and 226 no rail. I bought it originally for a 220 I no longer own. As many leather holsters it was tight at first but they stretch. A little silicon spray helped as well. Now I use the same holster for my 224, M11, and 227. In the winter that holster with a 224 is my primary carry combo.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I second Galco, the quality and retention is perfect. I would also recommend their reinforced instructor style belts as well, for a heavy weapon, they are great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cook's Holsters lists the P227 and makes their IWB holster for it. I have one for a Springfield Armory XDM-45 4.5" and it is excellent, so when I bought the P227, that's where I went. IWB kydex, two thicknesses of kydex to choose from. Wide ABS belt clip for quick on and off, which is important to me, yet it never pulls of the belt when drawing. I do use the Galco belt, though. Big, thick and rigid.

Reactions: PSGWSP

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Cook's Holsters lists the P227 and makes their IWB holster for it. I have one for a Springfield Armory XDM-45 4.5" and it is excellent, so when I bought the P227, that's where I went. IWB kydex, two thicknesses of kydex to choose from. Wide ABS belt clip for quick on and off, which is important to me, yet it never pulls of the belt when drawing. I do use the Galco belt, though. Big, thick and rigid.
I have a cook's for my XD as well, good holsters! And I loved the galco belt so much I bought the non-reinforced as well for just every day wear. The little bit of velcro is a nice touch for the excess, don't have to worry about tucking it through a loop and having it hang out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have to correct myself. I did not notice that you had the SAS. That means it is the "carry" version with the shorter barrel... right? If so, my suggestion to buy for a P220R will not work. Leather holsters for a P220 Carry (no rail) should work.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to correct myself. I did not notice that you had the SAS. That means it is the "carry" version with the shorter barrel... right? If so, my suggestion to buy for a P220R will not work. Leather holsters for a P220 Carry (no rail) should work.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike
Yes it is the shorter barrel, no rails. No worries, man. Thanks for the advice. I will be taking it out to shoot this weekend for the first time. I am pretty geeked. I will have video and will post a link after I destroy some paper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've found the original leather backed Super Tuck Hybrid from Alien Gear to be an excellent value for the quality received. I bought my 1st one before they merged with another entity and the quality hasn't changed since the merger (some folks don't like the newer 2.0 version, but I stuck with the one that brung me) and the only thing that changed is that the lead time is slightly longer due to the increase in volume.

They have a 30 day, test drive, a lifetime warranty on any holster they make & free lifetime shell replacements if you decide to switch your EDC. Heck, I liked the 1st one so much, I bought another for my winter carry. I still spent less on both than one of the more spendy brands! I'm not affiliated with them, just happy I took the leap of faith!
www.aliengearholsters.com

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have a 227 Carry. Same as the SAS, but with a rail. I've tried several Galco holsters for the 229 which all fit. What works best for me though, is a size #15 Uncle Mikes IWB. Only $12, fits & is comfortable. Pretty much any manufacturer's leather models made for 229s & 228s should fit I believe. Kydex may be a different story

·
Registered
881 Posts
Strangely my alien gear 2.0 works for my 226 and my 220. I think its because its only one side of kydex. you might be able to get away with buying a 220carry shell or if the 229 is the same length of your new shorter 227 your body will naturally fill in the other side and create a retention. Strangely the 220 and 226 work together with the same shell...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I carry a P227 w/Surefire X200 light. Raven made my OWB, JM Custom made my IWB. Really happy with both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts