SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Looking for a good folding fishing knife

748 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Stick486
I need a new folding knife to take fishing with me. One that holds an edge for a while. Something around 100 bucks. There are so many out there so I am reaching out to all who have bought and used different knives and want some solid advice.

Thanks
Doug
Reactions: 1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I have a nice old Filet knife I use. But any nice flexible knife should do.
I have Kershaw 1258, Rapala, and Gerber folders..
my buddy has a Fast King... sweet!!!
Cutco and Mercer... (kitchen use - non folding),
none very expensive... the Cutco is some serious bucks...
the Cutco is in a class all by its' self..
Kershaw 1258 and Gerber are used the most...
every one one of them is my favorite...
the Victorinox non folding collects dust.....
Chicago cutlery used to make one, don't know if they still do. It has served me well.
check out the spyderco salt series of knives. They have both H-1 and LC200N steel and a wide variety of geometries to select from.
I’ve used bucks and gerber. But may I suggest a cheapo (as I now use) $25 Walmart special or fixed blade as it’s not too easy to affix a flotation device that don’t interferes with folding function. As me how I know.,.
I now keep it on a leash.😁
I like these minimal Deejo pocketknives. Ultra lightweight, lots of blade in a slim package.
Design your own My Deejo
I now keep it on a leash.
or a wrist lanyard...
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.