SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the post states I'm looking for something that would be a good back up gun to my sig p320c. Something that I can carry over on my weak side. Not only as a back up if it goes sideways but also a way to arm my wife because she refuses to carry. I was trying to keep controls close to my 320 but I don't think sig makes anything except the 290rs (except it's DAO.) Maybe a g42 or 43. I don't really think I'm interested in a j frame just because of how wide they are and are not size efficient for the amount of rounds they carry (the width of the cylinder would make me just want to carry a subcompact 320 at that point which is still not off the table seeing as they accept the same mags) I'm just wondering if anyone carries a BUG to their 320 and if so, what?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nice post. Interesting topic.

My thoughts are very similar to yours when I was considering which BUG to buy. I wanted something I could shoot easily with my off hand (and single handed), and something the mrs. could easily use. I decided to go with the Glock 42 as it was the smallest (i.e. thinnest) of the options that fit the bill. I actually really like the little G42. I got it in FDE and put a Hogue grip and pinky extension on it. Very soft shooter and handles fine with single off-hand. And always just disappears when carried.

However, ironically, the mrs. doesn't shoot it very well. I think her limp wrist causes it to FTE. Which is weird because she shoots her larger calibers just fine. Either way, the G42 serves the BUG role that I need it to, and very comfortably.

Also, yes, the P320 carry and P250 compacts are my primaries.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I carry a 320SC as my bug, on my left ankle.

I carry a 320fs aiwb. Like you, I love the mag compatibility, and the need to only carry one extra full size mag.

I am currently carrying 9mm, but I have a full size .40, and may switch to that if I ever pick up a .40 subcompact.

My wife carries a P239 in .40, so that is helping my drive to the .40 switch full time, so at least we could share ammo, if not magazines.

Good luck with your search. For some reason this was one of those things which caused me lots of brain damage. The caliber issue still does, tbh.

Reactions: Twister

·
Registered
763 Posts
Try an M&P Shield, I find it much more comfortable than the G43 for carrying, and a better feel for me. IMO ergos are more similar to the P320 than the Glock.

I EDC the Performance center version with a 1 piece aluminum Apex trigger...great little shooter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up a sccy cpx2 very cost efficient. Wife can handle it well and it has a lifetime no questions asked warrenty. 500+ rounds no issues yet. A good gun for the money??

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
My recommendation would be the SC version so that you can use the same magazines and maintain the same manual of arms. The more familiar you are with your weapon the better off you are when the fight or flight hormone of your nervous system kicks in. Just don't extend the standard mag, and carry a 17 round mag as a back up.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I would also say to buy a SC version of your current p320c . You keep the same trigger feel and natural point you know well now and can use your compact or full size mags you have as back up . Its easy to find smaller and lighter pistols as a "bug " I hate that term . But it is YOUR choice , not ours . NO X grip is needed for long mags . Just stick them in and shoot .

bdickers Why a p225 ?? Sure not a bug to a p320c .

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
My recommendation would be the SC version so that you can use the same magazines and maintain the same manual of arms. The more familiar you are with your weapon the better off you are when the fight or flight hormone of your nervous system kicks in.
^^This.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
The Eyeronic1 Only if you also had a glock 19 not a p320 as the basic feel and fit in the hand to the pull of the trigger down to the way it points is very different . Glocks !!??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the info. My original idea was to get the SC but before I commit to carrying two double stack 9mm's just would like to see what others thought. As to the shield I owned one and I hate the split trigger I would always pinch the skin of my trigger finger in the split but I will admit that the recoil management of that little gun is truly great. Used to own a g42 when they first came out but just like the. Other Glocks I have owned I just couldn't connect with them like like I could with others which is why I don't even own a Glock anymore (which why should I the sig p320 is superior in every way, but a topic for a different time) as far as the p225a1 it's a great handgun and definitely on my short list but I may as well carry another p320c at that point. It's heavy and with a different manual of arms than the p320 (which are some of the reasons I switched to my 320 from my 229 legion). I'm appreciate the input guys and thanks for your thoughts you all just kind of reaffirmed my original thinking that carrying the 320c as a primary and a 320sc as back up is probably the best option.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Eyeronic1 Only if you also had a glock 19 not a p320 as the basic feel and fit in the hand to the pull of the trigger down to the way it points is very different . Glocks !!??
Lol I say that as someone who currently owns no glocks. I'd go w/ the 43 because it's weight & size plus capacity. For me, it fits the role of a backup gun to my 320sc.

The easy answer for the op woulda been to go with the 320sc.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try an M&P Shield, I find it much more comfortable than the G43 for carrying, and a better feel for me. IMO ergos are more similar to the P320 than the Glock.

I EDC the Performance center version with a 1 piece aluminum Apex trigger...great little shooter.

Man, I have a performance center shield as well. I think the stock trigger is fantastic! Then again, I've been really lucky getting light and smooth factory triggers as of late. I also have the Performance Center M&p 9L, and it has a Great trigger too. My compact RX has a really really good trigger. From what I've been told it's a very light trigger pull compared what others have been reporting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
150 Posts
As the post states I'm looking for something that would be a good back up gun to my sig p320c. Something that I can carry over on my weak side. Not only as a back up if it goes sideways but also a way to arm my wife because she refuses to carry. I was trying to keep controls close to my 320 but I don't think sig makes anything except the 290rs (except it's DAO.) Maybe a g42 or 43. I don't really think I'm interested in a j frame just because of how wide they are and are not size efficient for the amount of rounds they carry (the width of the cylinder would make me just want to carry a subcompact 320 at that point which is still not off the table seeing as they accept the same mags) I'm just wondering if anyone carries a BUG to their 320 and if so, what?
A lot of opinions on this one. I usually carry a P320c .45. My wife also doesn't like to carry unless we are in an unsafe area or feel threatened. For those rare occasions, I tried carrying the P320c and a P320sc as a backup. I found it to be a bit bulky with two P320's and switched the sc for a P938 SAS. It's her gun anyway which she handles well. It also conceals easily in a pocket or purse.

Reactions: stlmia

·
Registered
481 Posts
BUG to Sig P320

I liked the Shield as well, but since my wife's brand new one's slide over rebounded on the 4th shot and locked or jammed, I've been shy of them. Neither I nor the LGS could free it. Locked rearward of the slide catch. Gunsmith finally got it free, but could find no other abnormalities or defects. Took it back and shot it, and it did it AGAIN after 3 or 4 rounds. Sold it and the one I carried to go back to Sigs. I realize ANY mfger can have lemons, but the fir and finish of the Shield wasn't up to Sig's.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
The eyronic1 Good handle you have there for one that would assume I have not owned a couple glocks over the years glocks . How Eyeronic !! Had 2 of them over the years but never found a reason to keep one around very long . Been shooting long before glocks were around and always found the 1911 grip angle to feel right for me and with 29 years of concealed cary some thing you should not change like grip angle .

Not to long ago I was asked to swap handguns with a glock 43 owner shooting next to me so he could try kimber ultra 9mm my wife now CC's . was not impressed , rather carry my old cw9 kahr if lite and skinny is wanted .

Considering a G43 is a 1" wide pistol the p320sc is only .006 wider in the slide is 1.12 in the grip . Both carry well . Stay with what feels right .

If I had a g43 I would also have a g19 as a larger carry . Keep as much the same as possible .

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would go with a shield and install the Apex trigger. My brother just installed an apex in his wife's and it's a night and day difference to the factory trigger. I plan on carrying my shield again during the summer and I'm gonna go with the Apex trigger and a tlr6. I just need to convince the wife to let me spend the money, since I just bought my 320 carry in January.

Forgot to add, there's currently a $75 rebate on the Shields. So you can pick one up for around $300 when it's all said and done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts