SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Like My Sig 229c with new .357 barrel

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  OSU84 
#1 ·
Got to take it to the range for the first time this week, think I like the gun better
In .357 than in .40 S&W it came in. Thanks to a recommendation for some very affordable .357 Sig ammo another member shared on the forum , I look forward
To shooting it some more. Just curious if others have found this particular
gun "Sig 229C " very comfortable to shoot in .357 Sig.

#5 ·
I lucked into a P229 (well used) in .40. Before I even fired it, I ordered and received a .357 Sig barrel for it. Took it out and enjoyed shooting her. Now waiting on the money to send it in for new sites and springs, checkout, SRT or QRT etc.....

#7 ·
The P229C I had was chambered in 357 SIG and was a very comfortable and reliable shooter.

Unfortunately, the 40 S&W barrel I purchased which SIG fitted and the 9mm exchange kit which SIG also fitted would not run reliably (40 failed to feed and the 9mm failed to eject). SIG attempted several times to fix it and ended up replacing the pistol and exchange kit with an M11A1 and 357 CALX kit. Was sad to let the 229C go but very pleased with the replacement.

#8 ·
Good stuff. My first Sig was a P229 Legion .357 and its still my favorite. I alternate it and my P239 SAS Gen2 .357 for carry.

#12 ·
I have the 229C in 9mm. Is the frame the same for the 40 and 357 models as well? Wondering if I can fit a 357 sig barrel on it and use it. I know on the other models the 9mm frame is different from the 40/357 ones.

#15 ·
You cannot drop in a 357 barrel into a 9mm slide. The 9mm barrel hood is not as wide as the 40/357. You can go the other way around. I have a 224 that started as a 40 and I keep a 357 barrel in it. I also have a 9mm 224 and I have put that barrel into my 40 slide with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.