SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my P320(X) for a few years. It has been back to the factory for the drop issue as well as back to the factory twice for light primer strikes. Prior to upgrading last week to a pro-cut slide, I upgraded the striker assembly and it continued to have the issue. Last week, I upgraded to the pro-cut slide with the goal of solving the problem. Unfortunately, it did not solve anything. It does this with all ammo types and is really frustrating because Sig keeps sending it back and saying it shoots great! The odd thing is that I can reload the tapped ammo and it will typically fire at that point.

I am thinking of buying a new P320 to replace this one; however, I am hesitant as I don't want the same problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 4 different p320s all pretty new (already upgraded from factory when bought them), one of them is .357 sig, 3 are 9mm. Have not had this happen before. I know of other 2 guys that have 5 between the 2 and has never happened to them either. So in conclusion i would totally get a new one. At least keep your pro-cut slide and such since that one already comes with the new striker installed and already upgraded (machined). You could even just get a new fcu and drop it in your old setup. The new FCU will have the upgraded parts in it vs yours that got thrown in together when they tried to fix the problem with it going off on its own.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have had my P320(X) for a few years. It has been back to the factory for the drop issue as well as back to the factory twice for light primer strikes. Prior to upgrading last week to a pro-cut slide, I upgraded the striker assembly and it continued to have the issue. Last week, I upgraded to the pro-cut slide with the goal of solving the problem. Unfortunately, it did not solve anything. It does this with all ammo types and is really frustrating because Sig keeps sending it back and saying it shoots great! The odd thing is that I can reload the tapped ammo and it will typically fire at that point.

I am thinking of buying a new P320 to replace this one; however, I am hesitant as I don't want the same problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 369594
The primers look like they have pretty solid hits. Are you sure it's not defective primers?

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Many of us probably agree with Sig- we're almost certain it's not a pistol issue... What new factory ammo are you using, and how old is the ammo?

Three of the most common causes of light primer strikes, and primers not firing, are:

1) Shooter error causes slight slide OOB situation- shooter is accidentally contacting the slide catch while the pistol is cycling, and/or shooter is limp wristing, and in both of these cases the shooter rarely knows he's doing it

2) Bad primers or ammo- especially if the ammo isn't new factory loads made by a major American manufacturer

3) Make sure the striker and its channel are clean and dry

Reactions: navigent

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
The primer strikes look far offset. The pic is just blurry enough to make it hard to see the other marks on the primers. What other ammo have you tried? You said you could load them up again and they would fire. In the same gun? Do you have any of the brass from the "twice fired" rounds and can post a pic of the primer?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Since your light primer issue occurs for OEM slide, OEM slide with upgraded striker assembly, pro-cut slide (which comes with its own striker assembly), it is pretty safe to assume the problem is not related to the striker assembly (and slide). The leaves ammo as the possible cause. What are your ammo -- you mentioned "all ammo types". Can you fire the ammo with other pistols without issue?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The primer strikes look far offset. The pic is just blurry enough to make it hard to see the other marks on the primers. What other ammo have you tried? You said you could load them up again and they would fire. In the same gun? Do you have any of the brass from the "twice fired" rounds and can post a pic of the primer?
Indeed the strikes are all off by quite a bit. Maybe your barrel is out-of-spec and does not lock up correctly? Do you have another barrel to try? (If this is the case Sig would have caught it I imagine.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeed the strikes are all off by quite a bit. Maybe your barrel is out-of-spec and does not lock up correctly? Do you have another barrel to try? (If this is the case Sig would have caught it I imagine.)
That is one thought I had is to replace the barrel. Sig sent it back twice saying it works great.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I agree. It looks like another indentation beyond that made by the tip of the striker but the photo is extremely blurry. The strike by the tip seems substantial. .

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree. It looks like another indentation beyond that made by the tip of the striker but the photo is extremely blurry. The strike by the tip seems substantial. .
It looks like there are primer strikes and some straight lines in a kind of trapezoid shape. If that's what they are, those are just how they come from the factory for some primers.

I agree with people the primer strike looks forceful enough. It's just very off center. Which may not work with some primers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.