SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Besides Mr. Archer...(I have monitored that thread) and it's crazy. Love the new armor.
Everyone else...that has or haven't posted a pic yet....

Please post pictures of your Legions that have wear issues OR not....but ... Not metal on metal wear.... that's normal. But exterior issues. And what type of issue did that create an issue of the functionality to the platform.

Also the people that have commented on the numerous threads that the Legion finish "Sucks"... please personally explain your reasoning or justify.

When new "tech" comes out... people can scoff at it. They revert to what they know and believe. They get passed up. Colt. Hello Beretta!

When "Blued guns" were "protected"... hello Cerecoat or whatever. ( Minus Stainless... but even so....)

Complacency.... Beretta. Hello Sig Sauer!

Tech changes... I am sure more than one scientist / study was involved in the Legion finish release.

I have two Legions and if they "Wear" just like my 1911s.... that's awesome, but if they melt or stain my skinny jeans when I wear them... I will be so mad... and post a new thread.

I have a Leather IWB and the Blackpoint OWB. Neither one is causing my tools to wear. I hope I don't get angry...

I will try and figure out this Interweb thing and post pics of mine.

So let's see your finishes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
petty finish issues

Here are some pics of a brand new p229 legion. 2 small chips and some random damage supposedly from factory.
however, I must add that sig sent me a label and is going to "look" at it. Literally gave me any idea as to why I'm sending it back. Ive seen pictures of bad finish issues and mine was nowhere like the bad ones where it is different colors. I honestly can also say the finish when dry feels more delicate. I also believe mine was jus ruffly handled before I got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
No metal to metal wear?

I have 2 M11A-1 and a P229 Legion, The Legion has maybe 300 rounds shot and shows considerable rail wear.
One of the M11A-1 is a 2012 and has thousands of rounds shot without any rail wear at all

How much Koolaide does one have to drink to believe the finish wear on a legion is "normal" for a Sig.
It most definitely is not.
That said I do love this legion and accept Sig let us down but denying reality, well, Guess Jim Jones missed a few recruits

While it is hard to tell which M11A-1 has thousands fired and which is unfired it is easy to spot the rail wear on the Legion even from this far out.

I love the pistol but that should simply not be wearing like that

Since this picture I have ground off the tip of the Short Reach Trigger on the 2012 M11 and replaced the trigger on the new one with an Armorycraft flat trigger and have put about 300 rounds through it

Edit: Photobucket no longer allowing sharing so image hosted by Igmur

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
No metal to metal wear?

I have 2 M11A-1 and a P229 Legion, The Legion has maybe 300 rounds shot and shows considerable rail wear.
One of the M11A-1 is a 2012 and has thousands of rounds shot without any rail wear at all

Off-topic (I'd contribute but my Legion is only a day old, so no wear yet), congrats on your two black M11A1's. I have multiples of P226's, but none are the exact same flavor. My M11A1 is the only pistol I've ever owned where I have a desire to own another of the exact same style. One day I will buy a second black M11A1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No metal to metal wear?

How much Koolaide does one have to drink to believe the finish wear on a legion is "normal" for a Sig.
It most definitely is not.
That said I do love this legion and accept Sig let us down but denying reality, well, Guess Jim Jones missed a few recruits

While it is hard to tell which M11A-1 has thousands fired and which is unfired it is easy to spot the rail wear on the Legion even from this far out.

...... flat trigger and have put about 300 rounds through it

First... thanks for the tired reference to Jim Jones.... haven't heard that in a while. Very clever and full of vigor.

You didn't show pics of your wear..on your rail.... let's see that gold...you just showed a nice collection. (Edit: I now see the wear on the frame... had to zoom...did you contact Sig?) That is not right. But as I just cycled mine... looks like a tolerance issue for fitting. Mine does not come close to rubbing there. I use grease.... and very little shows. That is excessive rubbing on yours.

I was hoping for some diasasterous pics like excessive chipping or additional rusting or someone who screwed up the finish with Hoppes #9 gun bore cleaner.

Having owned a few products over the years produced on a Friday afternoon... right before a long weekend... I understand bad things happen. Ticked off employees have bad days and don't care. I get it... but I don't like it.

For such an "issue" with a finish on a tool... is somewhat baffling. I do understand the frustration with the unfortunate people that have those Friday Flaws, but where are all the pics supporting it. There should be a lot.

I would like to know.... if someone did something to theirs and screwed it up... I would like to know. I have a pretty simple maintenance regime and it works... but you never know.

I am new to Sig....and my first two are Legions.... and the research and monetary calculations led me to the purchases. (For the $$$ it's hard to beat)

Every gun forum has enthusiasts of the brand, model, or caliber...etc. (So called "FanBoys, KoolAid Drinkers...etc) On the other side of the battlefield... you have the haters.... some have good reasons... and some just want to be part of the counter culture... even though they are on the forum with no knowledge, first hand experience with the product they are bashing. Ah.... SkyNet....

So thanks again for the helpful response. Noted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics of a brand new p229 legion. 2 small chips and some random damage supposedly from factory.
however, I must add that sig sent me a label and is going to "look" at it. Literally gave me any idea as to why I'm sending it back. Ive seen pictures of bad finish issues and mine was nowhere like the bad ones where it is different colors. I honestly can also say the finish when dry feels more delicate. I also believe mine was jus ruffly handled before I got it.
Thank you for the pics. That sucks. You should send it back. That's stupid for that finish to look like that and charge full price. A discounted rate should be applied. I hope Sig takes care of you.

Looks like the played catch with it.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's around 500. I've got over 3000 and it looks the same. I guess it just wore in. And yes I use grease. The rails also have some gold showing.
Thanks Dmc! Yes... to me that is totally normal. Looks great and shows that it does not sit in the safe. My .40 is starting to show some golden character .. but only after about 700 rounds. My 9 SAO is new... still looks like the day I picked it up.

My first Kimber ... a CDP (sold it... and wish I didn't) wore like that after 200 rds. Aluminum frame too. So to me this is all normal. Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
The Jim Jones joke was not to you but to the many fanboys in complete denial.
Some Jones followers claim "What wear?" others claim it is people not using grease but when you can spot the rail wear on my Legion yet have a real hard time figuring out which M11A-1 is brand new unfired and which is 5 years old with thousands of rounds, please that is blatant

I am not unhappy with my Legion. I am just honest about the fact the finish is fragile compared to the normal finish applied to every other Sig except the Legion.
But, I bought that knowing full well it has an inferior finish and of course when a guy needs some cash and sells it to you for $850.00 you tend to be less concerned about finish because they are certainly great shooters

I am not sure where Sig's head is on this finish issue. I would think they would want to take care of any complaint but apparently Sig's new CEO is Jim Jones JR and their new HQ is somewhere up an Egyptian river
:fpc:

Reactions: HALO51
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.