SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, time to vote and help me choose. And in interests of full disclosure, your vote will have absolutely no sway in what I decide...:D:lol: My wife hates it, I'll ask her, which of these do you like better?, and then pick the opposite. But just for fun discussion, I'll ask everyone their preferences anyways.

I'm in the market for a new P226. I currently own an M11A1, P226 German, P226 two-tone (in .357), and a P226 Combat. Now I'm debating between a P226 Legion and a Mk 25. Neither of them are in the "need" category, and they don't have to fill a specific role like range or CCW. Just a collection/ fun type role.

I'm honestly not a fan of beaver-tails, but at least the Legion's is abbreviated, which is good. The gray would be kind of cool, but it's not a make or break it kind of thing. I'm really interested in the Legion trigger, I hear lots of great things about it. On the flip side, I like the plain black look of the Mk25, and it would fit my same holsters for the Combat, which is a plus. It's basically a black Combat, and I'm a fan of the Combat.

So, with that in mind, what say you all? :)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Legion

I own the Legion and love it. Would not buy a different 226

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Legion

Get something unique! You have a few standard SIGs. Time to mix it up with a luxury gun.

Reactions: Jedi5150

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like my legion, sold my other 226. However it sounds like you want the MK25 for the beaver tail. Install a different trigger, grip panels and a set of sights and you are close to a legion. If you really don't mind the beaver tail than the legion is a fine weapon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Legion. Don't listen to the haters that slam it based on a few unlucky early adopters and those that hate the marketing. This is a shooter's gun plain and simple. Pick one up and play with it. You'll see.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Although this is outside the criteria you laid out, the P226RX SAO is an outstanding pistol! I was shooting near one hole groups while resting my wrists on a sandbag at 20 yards with mine today. Very similar to the Legion but with the nitron finish.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I had to pick between the two I'd say the Legion. With that said I've attempted to buy a Legion twice now. The first time I came home with the CZ tac II shadow the second time I came home with the 226 tacops. Third time has got to be the charm right??

·
Registered
740 Posts
Although this is outside the parameters you set the P226RX SAO is an outstanding pistol, very similar to the Legion but in Nitron. I shot mine into nearly a one hole group at 20 yards while resting my wrists over a sandbag today. Something a little different!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the replies so far Gents! I'm enjoying reading them.:D

I should clarify for all the folks recommending the Legion SAO or other SAO models...I will never buy another SA pistol. I have one 1911 remaining and although I'll never part with it, I will never buy another SAO pistol. Words cannot describe how much I loath SAO pistols.:lol:

So it's between the standard Legion and a Mk25. Right now it's pretty close to a tie for me, with maybe the Mk25 ahead by a hair.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts