SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the e-mail from Sig... a number of items on sale including this Legion Streamlight TLR-1 HL. Yeah, I know it's $120 on Amazon if you want the "non-Legion" model.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/legion-tlr-1-tactical-illuminator-flashlight.html

I'm trying to decide on a light... does anyone have any feedback concerning the TLR-1 HL on their Sigs (or any other pistol)... seems like a popular light... any good? Worth buying?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
did they fix the color mismatch yet? If not, why overpay for it?

Get a paint pen and mark the legion insignia on the side and save yourself $80+ bucks.

other than that, its a good light.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
did they fix the color mismatch yet? If not, why overpay for it?

Get a paint pen and mark the legion insignia on the side and save yourself $80+ bucks.

other than that, its a good light.
Was that an issue with this "new" Legion variant light too?

I heard that was an issue with the original Legion Surefire X300u... https://www.sigsauer.com/store/legion-surefire-x300u-weapon-light.html

Yeah, I may still go for the generic TLR-1 HL... I don't care about the markings... color match would be nice.

Most importantly, I do want to know how the light fits the P226/P320 and other pistols... and if the consensus is that this model is a good option.

·
Registered
113 Posts
doh, yeah. I was thinking of the other one. lol.

I dunno about the legion tlr1, other than its a great light.

Only reason I haven't bought one is I cant decide between the regular one and the HL.

Ive heard people say the HL might be too much light indoors.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I received a free one with the purchase of my FNX 45 Tactical. Same light, 800 lumens. It is very bright! I also won a TLR1 (200 lumen) light at a PPC match. The HL is much brighter!!
That said, I have yet to figure out which gun to put either on, as I don't know which new holster I want to buy. I could just leave it on the FNX, or my G21 for a house gun. Right now, neither are mounted. I use the HL to light up my yard to check for skunks before letting the dogs out.

Reactions: JohnK1987

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a TLR1-HL. Its a very good light. I had 3 other lights when I bought the HL and have since sold them. I bought my HL used in new condition about 3 years ago for $75 on a local firearms talk board.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I wouldn't pay almost 50% more for coloration and a lambda symbol... That's Streamlight territory at that price.

TLR-1 is a full-sized light. On the P226 and P320 FS, it will be fine. Others have used the light on compact models as well, but it will protrude considerably past the muzzle if you care about that.

The HL is rated at 800 lumens with strobe function when you double tap the levers. The normal TLR-1 is rated at 600 lumens which is plenty and can be had for $90-$100. The extra few bucks is worth the HL ability if you want the extra lighting. The TLR-1 variances are all the same size less the additional girth of the laser model or rifle model.

It IS a lot of light for indoors, but the spill alone will illuminate an entire room.

This is the light mounted on my M&P FS, but bear in mind that the M&P bbl is 4.25" and is a smidge shorter than the P226's 4.41" and P320's 4.7".

Someone else's P226:

Someone else's P320 FS:

·
Registered
553 Posts
The HL is rated at 800 lumens with strobe function when you double tap the levers. The normal TLR-1 is rated at 600 lumens which is plenty and can be had for $90-$100.
600 lumens you say. I stand corrected on my earlier post. I do not have the TLR-1, but the TLR-1s. It is 200 lumens and has the strobe feature.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
600 lumens you say. I stand corrected on my earlier post. I do not have the TLR-1, but the TLR-1s. It is 200 lumens and has the strobe feature.

200 Lumens is also plenty for indoor and close range usage. That must've been the older variant. SL lists the current TLR-1 and 1s as 300 lumens so I stand corrected as well.

It was the older, original TLR-1 HL that had 630 lumens. The newer HL variant has 800. Internet reports also show that SL shipped 800 lumen variants in old stock 630 lumen boxes so the serial numbers should be looked at. You might get a really good deal on an 800 lumen at the price of the 630 lumen.

According to reports allegedly received from SL representatives:

The TLR-1 HL began the 800 lumens with serial number 177980
The TLR-2 HL began the 800 lumens with serial number 029308

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have an older tlr1-hl and was just issued a new trl1-hl with my new P320 duty weapon today. I can barely tell a difference between the two when lighting up my back yard. Both are plenty bright in doors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love my issued TLR-1s and my personal TLR-1 HL. If the reviews on the Legion edition TLR-1 had been more favorable with finish match I would've bought one. Alas my Legion will sport an Inforce APL. Next time SIG has a sale on Legion gear I'll probably pull the trigger anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts