SIG Talk banner

Legion P226SAO help

1441 16
Hi all;
This is my first post. Cutting to the chase; I purchased a Legion P226 SAO as my first Sig in a long time. I went the SAO route because years ago I had a P220 SAO target the I really enjoyed and thought I'd duplicate the trigger experience.
I like everything about the 226 SAO EXCEPT that I continually push the rounds to the left by about 1.5". I can't explain it - this doesn't happen with my 1911s or my Wilson Beretta 92. I've put 450 rounds down range so far and at the point that I'm seriously considering selling the gun and related gear.
Has anyone gone through this or can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? As all know, this gun has a flat trigger but other than that it's still a single action.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If it only happens to you, and sights are true--most likely problem is trigger control. I know because it is a constant problem with me. Just have to work on it. 1911 different gun, different trigger. For me, trigger control is easier on my 1911.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If your POI is consistently an 1-1/2" left, then push the rear sight to the right about the width of a credit card and try again. This may be more than necessary (depends on the target distance in which your sighting it in. i.e.~15 yards) but it will 'bracket' your adjustment. For example, If it shoots 1-1/2" to the right after that, push the rear sight back left half that distance then try again...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I shoot pistols a lot. I got my legion SAO and tried all sorts of grips and finger placements. Finally to the point of getting ready to sell it my buddy shot it and he shot left also. Me mic'd the sights, front was off.
I was shocked. A $1000 plus gun can't get straight sights? I am a firm believer that it's 99% shooter error and I went with that for two months trying to get married to this gun only to find out the sight was off.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have someone else shoot it that's experienced and I'm going to have a newb shoot it as well. If it's me not the gun, well then. If it's the sites I'll drift the rear to the right.
I'll keep you'all posted i

·
Registered
2 Posts
My legion was shooting 5 inches left at 20 yards when I got it. Stupid me I didn't check the rear sight before I went to the range. It was WAAAAY off.

The other issue I had was after about 30 rounds I picked up the brass and noticed a little black mark at the base of the case. I looked at more and they also had it. The case was scratched bad near the base. Upon closer inspection I had a nasty burr on the ejector and it was damn near piercing the case as the slide went into battery. When I fired the cases were weakened to the point that they were ever so slighty rupturing and leaking. Range session over.....disappointed in Sig quality control.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I decided to forego having other people shoot my Sig and decided to drift the sites. I moved them to the right, like someone said, about the width of a CC. That did the trick. I now hit where I'm aiming and I'm a happy camper. I had a great time shooting the 200 rnds down range and can rest easy knowing it was the gun and not the operator.
I'm off to the Sig Academy next week for a course and plan to take my 226 SAO.
Thanks again for everyone's input. It saved me from selling a very nice HG.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Update: I decided to forego having other people shoot my Sig and decided to drift the sites. I moved them to the right, like someone said, about the width of a CC. That did the trick. I now hit where I'm aiming and I'm a happy camper. I had a great time shooting the 200 rnds down range and can rest easy knowing it was the gun and not the operator.
I'm off to the Sig Academy next week for a course and plan to take my 226 SAO.
Thanks again for everyone's input. It saved me from selling a very nice HG.
Glad to hear it worked out for ya. Whoever sugested you drift the rear sight
must be one smart dude..:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to hear it worked out for ya. Whoever sugested you drift the rear sight
must be one smart dude..:D
Thanks for the advice brother - without you, I would probably have sold it and take no loss.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.