SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sig Legion P226 SAO and think it's a great gun. The trigger pull is right at 3.5 pounds which for a factory trigger is perfect. I was thinking of picking up a Legion P220 SAO however from what I've read on the net the trigger is no where near as good as the P226. Trigger pull weights of 5 pounds seem to be pretty common. Would appreciate any thoughts from owners of the Legion 220 SAO as to how they like the trigger.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
If you want a P220 SAO, then I'd say get one. Changing the trigger pull weight is a very easy and inexpensive thing to do, if you decide you think it's too heavy.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a 220 SAO Legion (in 45) but not the 226 version. My SA pull is good. I don’t have a scale and I’m sure it could be lightened, but I don’t have the need. Overtravel is non-existent, as is creep. There is some take-up but it doesn’t bother me.

I don’t understand why one caliber’s SA pull would inherently be greater than the other.

Mainsprings are identical (though minimal relevance for SA pull). Different strut but, offhand, I believe the sear and hammer are the same. Both have the SRT version of the SAO sear & safety lever.

Any difference noted is likely due to unit-to-unit production variances, not due to model differences.

That said, the new 10mm version is a bit different in that it lacks the flat trigger and SRT parts of its smaller SAO brothers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts